We camped at the Drummer Boy Campground (I think Resort was actually part of the title, but I don't remember for sure) when we were at Gettysburg. We were there "off season," so we didn't have to pay the high summer rates, although it was still more than we would have liked. However, it was SO close to everything we did that we only used about 3/4 tank of fuel in two weeks, and that included our drive over to Hanover to have the truck worked on.

The campground is very large w/over 500 sites (includes seasonal campers), and they were clearing space to expand while we were there.

The people in the office were all very friendly.

The campground is clean, but rustic. The only time that I saw trash around the campground was after a very busy weekend. It looked like people weren't very careful w/their trash, but workers had it cleared in a day or two.

The roads are gravel & the sites are gravel/grass. If you call to make a reservation, you'll want to talk to someone about the sites. Quite a few are level, but there are some that are (to use Jim's word) "interesting." We didn't notice the traffic noise where we were, but when we were walking around the CG, we could see why some might complain about the highway noise, especially if you have a site up by the front office, or along the far side that is almost literally next to the highway.

Bathrooms are older, but you can see they try to keep them clean.

The laundry building has four W/D each ($1.75 & $1.50), the regular size – clean. It appears that the seasonal people do their best to help keep them clean.

Since we were busy at the battlefield, we didn't really take a look around to see what kinds of things were available if you have kids, but I'm sure it's all on their website.

Gettysburg Cabins, Accommodations PA - Drummer Boy Camping Resort

We would camp here again if our intent was to be close to Gettysburg. But we would probably get a different site in one of the rows next to us. Our site wasn't bad (#158), but when we had someone camped on our right, getting the truck out of the site would have been tricky, having to back down the road to get to a point where we could turn around. As it turns out, we were already faced forward the first time we left, and we didn't leave the site again until after the family on our right left.

Zerelda
Attached Files