Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• norty
    replied
    Spent a little time yesterday visiting with Joe&Linda from this forum. They are currently camped at JICP. So far they are enjoying their loop thru the south and the respite from Minn. weather.
    Last edited by norty; 03-20-2008, 12:01 PM. Reason: sp

Leave a comment:

• bobbidonb
    replied
    Thanks, I think I'll go ahead and make a reservation. Looking forward to camping there, have heard lots of good things said about it and we enjoy Charleston.

don

Leave a comment:

• norty
    replied
    Originally posted by bobbidonb View Post
    Norty, do you have any favorite sites? we'll be in a 33CKTS. Pull thru would be nice but not if they are inferior sites...packed close together with no brush buffers. Pictures on the internet made it look "woodsey", with trees or brush between you and your neighbor.

don
    Sites 29-43 are all pull thrus and would be a favorite for a long TT. They are hard to get unless you reserve early. Some other back ins are 46-49, 78-85, 98-99,114-122. There is a map on the site I posted. When you make reservations they will tell you if the site has a rig length restriction. All sites should have 50A by the time you get here. The whole park has recently had the electrical rehabbed and a lot of brush and low limbs trimmed but it is still woodsy.

Leave a comment:

• bobbidonb
    replied
    Norty, do you have any favorite sites? we'll be in a 33CKTS. Pull thru would be nice but not if they are inferior sites...packed close together with no brush buffers. Pictures on the internet made it look "woodsey", with trees or brush between you and your neighbor.

don

Leave a comment:

• norty
    replied
    I have PM's from 3 here who are coming at various times in the next few months. I'm sure you will have a memorable time and I look forward to meeting some of you in person.

Leave a comment:

• tsmith
    replied
    Looking forward to our trip to JICP the last week of June .

Todd

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    AMEN and he's being conservative on its real beauty .... only concern we had was getting to it and out of it because of overhanging trees .... norty found us a way and we look forward to going back there

Jim

Leave a comment:

• norty
    started a topic James Island County Park- near Charleston

James Island County Park- near Charleston

Nice park, near our house. We camp here often and highly recommend it to area visitors. Call for reservations cause it fills up a lot. Spacious sites, bike and hiking trails, fishing, climbing wall, water park and paddling.

Charleston County Parks and Recreation
Working...
X