COE Campground - Hawe Creek Near McCormick, SC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COE Campground - Hawe Creek Near McCormick, SC

Hawe Creek Campground is on the Strom Thurmond Lake (SC side), and if you want some solitude (you cannot see your neighbors from a lot of the sites) or a place to play on a lake, this is a beautiful campground. There are a sites of varying lengths, widths, and shapes (yes, shapes). I kept the map from the campground if anyone would like to see it when they are considering camping there. The sites are gravel, some near the water, and some in the woods. The restrooms were clean. The host was very nice. She knew we'd had the blow-outs because we missed our first night there (I called to let them know), so she suggested that since we were only staying one night that we take a pull-through instead of the site we'd reserved. We had a short path right to the lake!

I would recommend talking to someone at the campground before you make a reservation and ask about the shape of the sites you're interested in. Some are rectangular or circular shaped and you need to back in and make a C turn to get to the water/electric. Once you get in, they're very spacious sites though.

We would definitely camp here again.

Zerelda
    Dan & Zerelda Hammer
    Pensacola, FL
    SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
    2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

Zerelda: Was the water level way down in Clark Hill? We still call it by it's old name.
    2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
    2017 F350 Lariat PSD CC,SB,SRW, 3.55, FX4, LineX
    B&W Turnover
    Andersen 3220 Ultimate
    Elle and BJ - Da Pups

In the past:
    97 27RKFS SB
    04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

Water Level

Originally posted by norty View Post
      Zerelda: Was the water level way down in Clark Hill? We still call it by it's old name.
      It was way down. We went for a walk after we got set up, and we walked all the way from one of the other circles all the way back around to our site. It was still beautiful though. I shot a few pictures I could put up.

Zerelda
      Dan & Zerelda Hammer
      Pensacola, FL
      SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
      2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

Comment

Working...
      X