Border Collies
    The only breed "That'll Do!"
    sigpic
    Larrie Malobenski
    2001 Sunnybrook 26FK
    2007 Chevy Express 3500
    Hensley Arrow and Prodigy
    What more do you need?

We love to camp at Huntington Beach SP. A couple of my favorite activities is to hunt for shark's teeth on the beach and bike on the many roads going through the park. You definitely need reservations here unless you arrive on a Sunday during the off-season.

Comment

We have managed to get in there a few times, holidays and school vacations are booked months ahead
      sigpic
      PAULA AND GARY

2014 Phaeton 40 QBH
      2015 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4

Comment

We where at Huntington in March and truly enjoyed it.
        Tour through Atalaya it’s right by the campground and part of State Park . Worth the time visit to and learn history of Park and house.
        1st pic was the campground
        2nd pic of beach,
        3rd pic was walk to the beach.
        4th pic Atalaya courtyard
        Attached Files
        2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN Rear Air 4:10's
        2013 Lifestyle LS35SB, MORryde IS System, disc brakes
        AIRSAFE Air Hitch
        Blog: bolltimers.com

Comment

Joe... Any favorite sites there?
          2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
          2017 F350 Lariat PSD CC,SB,SRW, 3.55, FX4, LineX
          B&W Turnover
          Andersen 3220 Ultimate
          Elle and BJ - Da Pups

In the past:
          97 27RKFS SB
          04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by norty View Post
            Joe... Any favorite sites there?
            We stayed at 17 but there was a picnic shelter right behind us lucky no one used it so we ended up nice spot. All the outside by the beach side are nice. On our next visit we would stay at 103 to 121 they are more in the woods and secluded.
            Attached Files
            AIRSAFE Air Hitch

Comment

Thanks, we will probably be there in early Dec.
              B&W Turnover
              Andersen 3220 Ultimate
              Elle and BJ - Da Pups

In the past:
              97 27RKFS SB
              04 30RKFS SB Titan

Comment

We were there from March 21 thru 29 on site 95. Ive got 95 reserved from April 10 thru the 18 next Easter. I was really surprised by the newly paved roads when I got there last spring. Brookgreen across 17 is a nice tour especially when the azaleas are in bloom. The best restuarants are right along old 17 through Murrells Inlet but we often found ourselves chowing down at K&W's cafeteria.

Border Collies
                The only breed "That'll Do!"
                sigpic
                Larrie Malobenski
                2001 Sunnybrook 26FK
                2007 Chevy Express 3500
                Hensley Arrow and Prodigy
                What more do you need?

Comment

Originally posted by Larrie View Post
                  I was really surprised by the newly paved roads when I got there last spring. Brookgreen across 17 is a nice tour especially when the azaleas are in bloom. The best restuarants are right along old 17 through Murrells Inlet but we often found ourselves chowing down at K&W's cafeteria.
                  The paved road is a BIG improvement. The old dirt roads were always full of holes and DUSTY. Everyday, a tractor with a leveling blade would go around and around the campground in a futile attempt to get the roads more level.

Be sure to take a flashlight with you if you wander around the CG at night. The alligators from the adjacent fresh water pond sometimes wander into the CG at night. You definitely do not want to surprise them or step on them. :shocking:

Brookgreen Gardens is well worth going to. The admission tickets are good for seven days, so you do not have to wear yourself out trying to see it all in one day. One of our favorite spots is the Muses Garden. The pool is surrounded with trellis of Jasmine. When it is in bloom, you will think you have gone to heaven. There are benches under the trellis so you can watch the fountains and absorb the perfume in the air around you.

One of our favorite restaurants in Murrells Inlet is Nances. We have not been there since 2004, so I hope it is still there. All the tables had holes in the middle with garbage pails underneath. One of the favorite things to get there was baskets of oysters. The shells just got pushed down the hole in the middle of the table. My favorite was the sea scallops though. If you get there for the 'early bird', you get a break on the price.

Comment

Nances is still there. We have had many a meal there. Our favorite restaurant in that area is the Gulfstream Cafe in Garden City Beach. Hope to partake while we are there.
                    B&W Turnover
                    Andersen 3220 Ultimate
                    Elle and BJ - Da Pups

In the past:
                    97 27RKFS SB
                    04 30RKFS SB Titan

Comment

Originally posted by edj View Post
                      Be sure to take a flashlight with you if you wander around the CG at night. The alligators from the adjacent fresh water pond sometimes wander into the CG at night. You definitely do not want to surprise them or step on them. :shocking:
                      Now you've got my attention. Sounds like that last dog walk before bed will have me on full alert.

Any thoughts on site #100? I have it reserved for a couple weeks in December. I've never been there so I just picked a site out of the air.
                      Last edited by ljrr; 08-13-2008, 07:07 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by ljrr View Post
                        Now you've got my attention. Sounds like that last dog walk before bed will have me on full alert.

Any thoughts on site #100? I have it reserved for a couple weeks in December. I've never been there so I just picked a site out of the air.
                        I just checked the CG map and see that 100 is one of the few sewer sites. We always stayed at one of the W/E sites. All the Sewer sites are pretty good because they were made for RV's. BTW, it is not a normal occurrence for the gators to wander into the CG. But it does happen. As the ranger told us, if you see a bump in the road, there are no speed bumps in the park..... If you have never hunted for the shark teeth on the beach there, be sure to ask a ranger about it.

Comment

Originally posted by ljrr View Post

Walk by #100 number of times. It's nice spot. I though it had a few big trees for nice shade and lot of open space behind the site.

Originally posted by edj View Post
                          Be sure to take a flashlight with you if you wander around the CG at night. The alligators from the adjacent fresh water pond sometimes wander into the CG at night. You definitely do not want to surprise them or step on them.
                          We where wonder why nobody had campfire going when it was dark out.
                          AIRSAFE Air Hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Joe&Linda View Post
                            We where wonder why nobody had campfire going when it was dark out.

Yep..They Know it's not a far drag to cook the camper....
                            Life's too short to drink bad wine :nope:

Comment

Park has added 41 new sites with full hookup and located close to beach. One of our favorite State Parks

DSC02218.JPG

Attached Files
                              AIRSAFE Air Hitch

Comment

Working...
                              X