Crossroads Coach Resort - Lake City, SC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossroads Coach Resort - Lake City, SC

We hit the road yesterday for a week. We are currently in Lake City, SC camped here at Crossroads Coach Resort for 3 days. It's a new campground that you don't see many of lately. We have a niece that works nearby at Moore Botanical Garden and she is taking us on a private tour tomorrow. The cg has 48 sites and is laid out very nicely.. Dog walk, rest rooms etc. All paved and landscaped. Just a couple blocks` to the small town. Only complaint is trains run very near to the location and go thru 4 times a night.

[email protected]
    2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
    2017 F350 Lariat PSD CC,SB,SRW, 3.55, FX4, LineX
    B&W Turnover
    Andersen 3220 Ultimate
    Elle and BJ - Da Pups

In the past:
    97 27RKFS SB
    04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Originally posted by norty View Post
    Only complaint is trains run very near to the location and go thru 4 times a night.

[email protected]
    When I was growing up in Nashville, TN our house for many years was about 50 yards from what was then the L&N railroad. We then moved further our on the west side and no trains. It was hard for me going to sleep at night without the train noise.

Today, there are a few campgrounds we go to that have tracks close by. We love it.
    Archie & Barbara Prince
    SE Georgia (Home)/Middle Tennessee (Home away from Home)
    2007 GMC 2500HD CC L/B LBZ Duramax/Allison Transmission
    2011 Big Country (Heartland) 3250TS
    Curt Q5 20K Hitch
    Prodigy P3 Brake Controller
    Rieco-Titan Ground Control
    TST TPTMS
    Progressive EMS-HW50C

Comment

sounds like a good CG .... several of the campgrounds we frequent are close to railroad tracks
      Jim
      '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
      '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '16 Camaro RS

Comment

A lot of campgrounds seem to be triangulated between a highway, a railroad and an airport. Doesn't bother me, but it really hits my wife trying to sleep.
        '05 36 TK3 Mobiles Suites
        '09 F450 4x4--put out to pasture
        '10 F450 4x4--new to me
        First wife, back to 3 Yorkies
        Livin to go campin
        In the past: SB 26FK; 30FKS

Comment

D5A86EA4-1745-45C6-B6B2-51B461EF2CE1.jpeg We bought some ear plugs at Walmart yesterday. This morning Lynda said she counted 14 blasts of the air horn for the last one. I did not hear it!
          Last edited by norty; 05-13-2021, 03:50 PM.
          B&W Turnover
          Andersen 3220 Ultimate
          Elle and BJ - Da Pups

In the past:
          97 27RKFS SB
          04 30RKFS SB Titan

Comment

Looks like you're needed an adjustment on the slide out cover there brother....

The cover on my main slide did the same thing. I replaced the fabric.
            Jeff, Julie, Cameron, & Taylor Lockhart - Wauconda, IL

2021 F-350 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat FX4
            2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er: "Cram-A-Lot Inn"

Visit our family online - www.thelockharts.com
            Find us / "friend" us on social websites - Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
              Looks like you're needed an adjustment on the slide out cover there brother....

The cover on my main slide did the same thing. I replaced the fabric.
              It is full of water. I went up on the roof and swept it out. We had rain
              all day and night the day before.
              B&W Turnover
              Andersen 3220 Ultimate
              Elle and BJ - Da Pups

In the past:
              97 27RKFS SB
              04 30RKFS SB Titan

Comment

It is full of water. I went up on the roof and swept it out. We had rain
                all day and night the day before.
                Aahhhh.... yep. That'll do it.

Mine looked like that even when it wasn't full of water.
                I've often wondered... why don't the coach side of the slide fabric higher on the wall when they are able to do so? They did that on our bedroom slide... it NEVER holds water.
                Our main slide... they could have raised the mounting rail up 3-4 inches higher and it would shed water easily.

But no.....
                Jeff, Julie, Cameron, & Taylor Lockhart - Wauconda, IL

2021 F-350 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat FX4
                2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er: "Cram-A-Lot Inn"

Visit our family online - www.thelockharts.com
                Find us / "friend" us on social websites - Facebook

Comment

Only complaint is trains run very near to the location and go thru 4 times a night.
                  Can't remember the name of the campground just off I-95 in SC. First time we stopped there in the late afternoon, got a nice spot backing up to a thick stand of trees. We thought, how nice and peaceful. About 1 a.m. the first freight train passed behind that stand of trees about 30 feet behind us. The term 'rude awakening' applies there .

Dave & Jo Ann
                  2008 HitchHiker Champagne 35LKRSB (gone)
                  2011 Ford F350 Dually (gone)
                  2019 Ford F150 4x4 5.0 Lariat crew cab 6.5' box

Comment

This is a great campground and the gentleman that works the office could not be more helpful, our friends were there and somehow he forgot his surge protector and the guy from the office went to look for it and even shipped it to them, great service. Another thing they are a Passport America park and I think offer the discount for up to 7 days if not longer

Comment

Originally posted by archbarb View Post

When I was growing up in Nashville, TN our house for many years was about 50 yards from what was then the L&N railroad. We then moved further our on the west side and no trains. It was hard for me going to sleep at night without the train noise.

Today, there are a few campgrounds we go to that have tracks close by. We love it.
                      Where? I have lived in Nashville for 25 years and drove a route truck to all parts of Nashville for the past five years up until this past December
                      Larry
                      Holly
                      Jessie
                      Jamie Lyn
                      2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 CC 4x4
                      2007 Starcraft Antigua 215SSO

Comment

Originally posted by dblr View Post
                        This is a great campground and the gentleman that works the office could not be more helpful, our friends were there and somehow he forgot his surge protector and the guy from the office went to look for it and even shipped it to them, great service. Another thing they are a Passport America park and I think offer the discount for up to 7 days if not longer
                        I think his name is Glen. Very nice and helpful.
                        B&W Turnover
                        Andersen 3220 Ultimate
                        Elle and BJ - Da Pups

In the past:
                        97 27RKFS SB
                        04 30RKFS SB Titan

Comment

Originally posted by brainpause View Post

Where? I have lived in Nashville for 25 years and drove a route truck to all parts of Nashville for the past five years up until this past December
                          Off of West End Ave on Murphy Rd. The area is known as Sylvan Park. In 1969 we moved further out on the west side of Nashville to Vaughn's Gap Rd. In West Meade.

The house's in Sylvan Park and what is referred to as the Nations are now selling upwards of $500,000.00 or more. Its gone crazy.

I love Nashville and miss Nashville, but it's gone to the Liberal side!!!!!
                          Last edited by archbarb; 05-25-2021, 03:04 PM.
                          Archie & Barbara Prince
                          Curt Q5 20K Hitch
                          TST TPTMS
                          Progressive EMS-HW50C

Comment

Originally posted by archbarb View Post

Off of West End Ave on Murphy Rd. The area is known as Sylvan Park. In 1969 we moved further out on the west side of Nashville to Vaughn's Gap Rd. In West Meade.

The house's in Sylvan Park and what is referred to as the Nations are now selling upwards of $500,000.00 or more. Its gone crazy.

I love Nashville and miss Nashville, but it's gone to the Liberal side!!!!!
                            Very familiar with all of that area. I did a lot of gasoline deliveries to cars over the past 5 years all over Nashville and especially that area. I did over 8400 cars last year alone. (www.startyoshi.com)

When I first got married, we lived in North West Franklin. I drove Vaughns Gap Road to my work place at St Thomas west Hospital.

I'm still a renter. It's darn near impossible to be able to afford housing on one income these days here in Nashville.

Larry
                            Larry
                            Holly
                            Jessie
                            Jamie Lyn
                            2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 CC 4x4
                            2007 Starcraft Antigua 215SSO

Comment

Originally posted by brainpause View Post

When I first got married, we lived in North West Franklin. Larry
                              When I was very young, my father would take me rabbit hunting in Franklin. That was when you would be embarrassed to tell anyone you lived in Franklin. Now that's where all the money is. Super expensive to live in that part of Williamson Co.
                              Archie & Barbara Prince
                              Curt Q5 20K Hitch
                              TST TPTMS
                              Progressive EMS-HW50C

Comment

Working...
                              X