Redlin Art Center .... Watertown, SD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redlin Art Center .... Watertown, SD

the Redlin Art Center located just off I-29, Exit 177, HWY 212 is well worth taking the time to see if/when you are in the area .... to quote their site : "Terry Redlin's interest in out-of-doors themes can be traced to his childhood in Watertown, South Dakota. Few artists can rival the standards of excellence achieved by Master Artist Terry Redlin over the past 25 years. He is truly one of the country's most widely collected painters of wildlife and Americana." .... Maureen has several of his prints and just bought another during our current trip .... Terry Redlin's work is one I enjoy, in some ways he reminds me of Bob Timberlake .... when you look at his pictures, you can tell what they are supposed to be

Jim
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '16 Camaro RS

I've always liked Redlin's work.... My other favorites are Dave Barnhouse and Charles Peterson (his ghost image works are really something) - the one I have is "Talk of Spring"

Lately, I've been really fascinated by the photography work of Peter Lik.

We have his "Heartland" print... Can't wait to get it up in the living room with some spots on it for all to enjoy.
    Jeff, Julie, Cameron, & Taylor Lockhart - Wauconda, IL

2021 F-350 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat FX4
    2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er: "Cram-A-Lot Inn"

Visit our family online - www.thelockharts.com
    Find us / "friend" us on social websites - Facebook

Comment

each year the Redlin Museum stages the largest fireworks show in the state of South Dakota .... one of the local radio stations plays music to accompany the show .... most are patriotic but they did manage to slip in Jerry Lee Lewis singing Great Balls Of Fire ....
      Jim
      '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
      '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '16 Camaro RS

Comment

My sister-in-law and I went to the fireworks on the 3rd. It was definitely a spectacular display. She was a great camera and captured some of the bursts. The colors were so brilliant. I told her I new which chemicals resulted in the reds and greens but needed to look up the blues. She told me that thought had never entered her mind!

Comment

Working...
        X