No announcement yet.

Texas State Parks heading to reserve your site

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It may be an issue in Texas. Many popular state parks are around major metroplolitan areas. Getting a reservation on a weekend is difficult year round. The parks stay filled to capacity most weekends.
    Russell
    '13 Excel Winslow 34IKE
    '16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
    Previous RV's: '03 MobileScout Titan 29DBS;
    '01 Sunnybrook 2708 SLE; '99 Coleman Utah

Comment

Originally posted by drfife View Post
      It may be an issue in Texas. Many popular state parks are around major metroplolitan areas. Getting a reservation on a weekend is difficult year round. The parks stay filled to capacity most weekends.
      As do we. Illinois Beach State Park is the closest park, and camping to Chicago. Very limited camping in the area. We have 240 +or- sites and are full every weekend between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Our check in booth is manned by volunteers from 8 am to 10 pm every day except Friday (our shift) where it is open till 12 am. I think part of the reason we don't have a lot of trouble with people going on reserved sites is that we have approx. 40 sites that are first come first served.

Something new this year........alcohol will not be allowed in the campground. Most Illinois parks are that way, but for some reason ours wasn't. At one time it had a reputation as party central, but it has calmed down the last few years. The only time I noticed a problem with rowdiness was on the three big weekends. This should help keep it calmer. It may be a bit of a hassle getting compliance for a couple of years, but in the long run will be better for us hosts. My coffee cup has been known to contain a bit of wine on occasion, though.
      DZWISS
      Ford 2011 F350 6.7 PSD, Titan 50 Gal. fuel tank
      Jayco 2012 321RLTS 5th wheel

"Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for." Will Rogers

Comment

My coffee cup has been known to be tainted by Baileys Irish Creme....
        Clif and Millie
        Mabank, TX (sorta)
        2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC
        2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler

Comment

Originally posted by dzwiss View Post
          Never seen it happen. Like I said, it isn't much of an issue.
          Had it more than once at the national park, since the rangers had no authority to tow all the people could do was wait. The problem was it was a long site that they could fit in and no others were long enough. One couple waited 2 hours. The people said they lost track of time.

Comment

Working...
          X