Goodson's Cafe ---- Tomball, TX.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodson's Cafe ---- Tomball, TX.

we ate at Goodson's on 1-19-18 .... from what I've been told folks down here take chicken fried steak serious ....Goodson's bills itself as being the Home of the Best Chicken Fried Steak in Texas .... having nothing to compare it to, I don't really know ..... as can be seen below, they do serve Texas size portions .... the breading fried to perfection and is very good .... unfortunately, the steak inside the breading was thin .... I mean really thin .... they do have an impressive menue, anyone in the area looking for a good, sit down meal would do well to give it a try
    Last edited by JEBar; 03-11-2018, 03:59 PM.
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Another good place for Chicken Fried Steak is Sonora, Exit 400 off I-10 on the North side of the Interstate. Can't remember the name of the place, but it's next to the Days Inn. Always stop in on my way to/from Midland & Odessa. You know, it says something about people that use Eating Establishments for LANDMARKS.
    Clayton & Gayle
    2007 SB Mobile Scout/Titan 34BWKS LX, Mor/ryde Suspension & Pin Box
    2008 F-350 SD Lariat 6.4L PSD, TorqueShift w/Tow Cmd, 3.73 LS, SRW
    Super Cab, Long Bed, Firestone Ride-Rites & a 20k Reese Pro Hitch

Comment

Why settle for Best in Texas ? On your way home detour through the Hill Country and taste the WORLD'S BEST.
      Bobbi, Don, and Vinny & Kaiser
      2018 Fleetwood Discovery LXE
      Previously:
      2007 Sunnybrook 33CKTS
      [SIGPIC]

Comment

The meat was good;I really liked the green beans. I would like to be able to copy how they did those.

Comment

Been a long time since we ate there. Makes me want to drive up and dine again.
          Ron Norton
          Katy, TX
          2016 Grand Design Reflection 317
          2012 Ram 3500 4x4 6.7 Cummins

Comment

on 3-10-18 we at at Goodson's again .... we met some of Maureen's relatives there for dinner .... I decided to give the chicken fried steak another try and am gad I did .... in referring back to the opening post, the meal I had last night answered the question, "Where's the beef ?" .... I'd order it again and now would look forward to doing so
            Jim
            '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
            '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...
            X