Thousand Trails Lake Whitney Campground --- Whitney, TX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thousand Trails Lake Whitney Campground --- Whitney, TX

information from our folks who have camped at Thousand Trails Lake Whitney Campground would be appreciated .... we have never visited this park and are thinking about doing so when return to Texas during the winter of 2019
    Last edited by JEBar; 06-02-2018, 12:56 PM.
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Haven't ever been there, but have been at the COE park near the dam. All I can say is--one AC in our old SB did not cut it in July...but you will be there before the heat comes back. Maybe I'll be back around the area same time you are there, if that is where you end up.
    Currently in Wallace, ID, on way to WA and OR to visit kids/gkids/ggkids. You gotta get out west some day past SD...ton of history out this way.
    Joe
    '05 36 TK3 Mobiles Suites
    '09 F450 4x4--put out to pasture
    '10 F450 4x4--new to me
    First wife, back to 3 Yorkies
    Livin to go campin
    In the past: SB 26FK; 30FKS

Comment

we've been through all of the lower 48 states .... the last time we were on the west coast while zigzagging through the western states was back in '05 or '06 .... you are right about a rich history, not to mention some really pretty country .... don't know if we will get back out there again .... there are some places we would really like to visit again and some others I have no desire to do so .... as of now we are thinking about spending a week next summer at Lake Whitney .... based on how that goes, we may spend more or less time there in future years
      Jim
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Jim, we have friends that belong to the FMCA-TT group. They rally there several times a year. Never heard them say anything negative, but we haven't really talked about it. We have camped at TT Lake Texoma several years ago and it was nice. Not much phone reception at Texoma.
        Ron Norton
        Katy, TX
        2016 Grand Design Reflection 317
        2012 Ram 3500 4x4 6.7 Cummins

Comment

agree about Texoma .... we've camped there several times and, at the best, the phone service is very poor .... thanks for the comment about Whitney .... the major concern I have seen deals with a very limited number of 50 amp sites
          Jim
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...
          X