Lake Tawakoni State Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Tawakoni State Park

Spending part of my summer as a park host at the park.
    Located approximately 50 miles east of Dallas and 25 miles south of Greenville. The park ha both 50 and 30 amp sites with water and electric. The park also has some full hook up 50 amp sites. Real nice park,.
    Amenities include:
    • Swim beach
    • Restrooms
    • Tent camping
    • RV camping
    • Boat ramp
    • Hiking trails
    • Amphitheater
    • Fishing pond

You didn't list the ants. Last time there we got infested with ants abt 3AM. It took abt a week to kill all of them in the RV. I fussed a BUNCH to TPW about not letting campers know there was a problem. I had everything to avoid the issue if I had just known. Still not real happy.

On a happier note we're not but abt 30 mi from you. How long you going to be there???
    Clif and Millie
    Mabank, TX (sorta)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually
    2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
    2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

I have not had ants at the host site (yet) this summer. I myself have not gotten ant complaints either. I will be here until the end of August, I am working inside this summer which is way better than outside when its 100 plus. I will ask around the office when I go back in Tuesday.

Comment

have ants after last weeks rain. Sprayed for now.

Comment

Ended my summer stay at the park. Ants did not return. Park did some friendly spraying in sites they were reported in. Have not heard any more since. I could now write a fun book on questions you get asked in the park. Examples: Are there fish in the park? ( I was bad on this answer said they were in the lake around the park)Does a campsite with water and electric come with enough water for a weekend? There were more

Comment

Now where?. I never did get out there and say Howdy..
            Clif and Millie
            Mabank, TX (sorta)
            2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually
            2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
            2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

No host jobs lined up for the near future, Will be a volunteer for TPWD at the state fair end of September. TPWD puts on some fun things to do for the first weekend at the State fair in Dallas. 2018 Winner "Most Creative" Cotton Candy Taco

Comment

Finished my second summer as a host at the park. The ants seem to be gone, we still advise forks to watch when asked. Entire summer had the new reserve ;system in place, and two things about it. For this park it seems to work well, no guests staying in other people reserved campsites. Item Two ….certain sites, despite upfront cost are reserved every Friday and Saturday all summer and some into the fall. However, most weekends not near a holiday have a few spots open as late as Friday morning.

Comment

Working...
                X