No announcement yet.

Lake Conroe Thousand Trails - Willis, TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a nice spot, from what you have shown in the past they have spent some money and time improving and updating.
    Westwind
    Rhode Island
    2015 GMC Sierra 3500 D/A CC, Short Bed, Iridium
    2008 GMC D/A Xtended Cab, Short Bed, Stealth Grey
    Hensley TrailSaver BD3 Hitch
    2012 Heartland Bighorn 3070TL
    2002 Sunnybrook, 26FK (sold but not Forgotten)
    Hensley Arrow (Swapped for a BD3)
    sigpic

Comment

the most consistent complaint I hear is the roads are rough .... that said, with a 5 mph speed limit, getting around isn't a major issue .... shown below is a picture taken from one of the high spots in the CG, overlooking the pool and out over Lake Conroe
      Jim
      '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
      '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

we've been here for just under 3 weeks, tomorrow is pack up day .... during this visit we have seen beautiful days and some ugly ones as well .... over the last few years we've been somewhat distressed at the shrinking number of RV sites in Section E which for as long as I can remember has been the preferred area for transient members, meaning ones who are here for 2 to 3 weeks and then move-on .... the reduction has been caused by more and more sites being converted to long term rentals and turned into sites for vacation cabins .... 4 cabins have been added since we left here about 10 months ago .... a few days ago I made up my mind to express our concerns to the park manager .... she has managed the park for 5 years, I spoke with her hast year about a different matter and found her to be a genuine person who is willing to listen and who responds in a thoughtful manner .... lets just say, she fully realizes the situation .... I didn't tell her anything she didn't know or hasn't been said to her before .... she says she has received authorization to put in 30 more RV only sites adjacent to the same area .... because of it serving the Houston market, this campground is undergoing a major (high dollar) upgrade ..... after speaking with her, I have no doubt that she fully understands the wants and needs of the wide variety of members who use this park .... further that she is doing as well as is possible in working with corporate to help meet those needs .... not an easy task .... time will tell but we are much more encouraged leaving here this year than we were last year .... that said, while the park is making significant strides, its roads and some other amenities still need some attention
        Jim
        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

I stayed near the Medical Center in Houston for a number of months last year; was visiting the doc daily and I can tell you the RV park situation is not great in town... at least near the Medical Center. The South Main RV park was one of the best places to stay and had "reasonable" rates as they gave discounts for folks undergoing med treatment. Everyone in the park, for the most park was undergoing med treatments. Slots are VERY close as real estate in Houston is pricey. There was another big park a few miles away and it had a spiffier club house and a pool but the trailers were PACKED in. There was also no shade to be had and it cost a bit more so I opted for South Main. It was a bit noisy being situation with a freeway adjacent and South Main in front (Hwy 90). The managers were pretty good and things ran well though.

I live in the Hill Country and didn't realize that Houston has NO drainage and when it rained the place got swampy and stayed that was for awhile...
          wiredgeorge Mico TX
          2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD Automatic 2002 Keystone Cougar 278EFS

Comment

Conroe is just far enough out of Houston to where it has been spared most for the flooding in the last few years ..... I well remember rainy times years ago when our camper's tires would sink to where we had to relevel the camper .... in the last few years they have added a bunch of gravel to their sites and for the most part they seem to be much firmer
            Jim
            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...
            X