Utah Hwy 12; Bryce Canyon NP to Capitol Reef NP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BC Jim View Post
    Some photos along the way on SR-12 from Bryce Canyon NP to Capitol Reef NP, Utah. Gotta keep the downhill speed under control. I miss the scenery already.

Neat roadway and would of been fun for me even towing my big box Bonnie would not of liked it as I tend to go fast around corners in both the car and truck, and yes with the box in tow. With the dually you don't get pushed around unless you are really over doing it

Compliments to the photo girl
    David & Bonnie (1 Female Cat)
    2004 Sunnybrook Titan 31 BWKS w/bed slide
    Hijacker 5th Wheel Hitch 16K with 21K bars
    5th AIRBORNE Pinbox Roto Choks
    Custom 2" pinbox receiver Bike Rack
    RV Armor Roof
    Mor/Ryde IS System with 8K Disc Brakes
    Goodyear RST G614

2004 Sliverado Dually D/A
    GM Racor primary filter, 98 Gal. Transfer tank
    Thanks to BC Jim for his generous helping hand

Comment

Originally posted by Bkins View Post
      Neat roadway and would of been fun for me even towing my big box Bonnie would not of liked it as I tend to go fast around corners in both the car and truck, and yes with the box in tow. With the dually you don't get pushed around unless you are really over doing it

Compliments to the photo girl
      I don't mind the curves as long as they're level. The ones downhill with the 25 mph sign get my attention!

I thought about taking the photos myself as I was driving. NOT! If we're back there again I'd like to explore more without the big box attached. Utah is a place where no matter which direction you look there's a fantastic view.
      Jim & Delores
      2005 30RKFS
      2005 2500HD D/A 4WD ext cab long box
      Jordan Ultima

INEPTOCRACY: a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Comment

Hi Jim,

From our cross country trip in 04' to 05' we discovered that the US is very large and their seem to be a endless supply of the type of views you have posted. We also determined that staying in one place for a longer period of time was needed. It was a great trip non the less.

David
        David & Bonnie (1 Female Cat)
        2004 Sunnybrook Titan 31 BWKS w/bed slide
        Hijacker 5th Wheel Hitch 16K with 21K bars
        5th AIRBORNE Pinbox Roto Choks
        Custom 2" pinbox receiver Bike Rack
        RV Armor Roof
        Mor/Ryde IS System with 8K Disc Brakes
        Goodyear RST G614

2004 Sliverado Dually D/A
        GM Racor primary filter, 98 Gal. Transfer tank
        Thanks to BC Jim for his generous helping hand

Comment

Originally posted by Bkins View Post
          ...From our cross country trip in 04' to 05' we discovered that the US is very large...
          I chatted with an RV park owner in Torrey, UT who told me how that very fact gets first time European vacationers in trouble. They're not used to states being the size of European countries. They don't leave enough travel time from park to park. I've also never seen so many Class C rentals, reportedly many driven by Europeans. They all had smiles, probably due to the cheap gasoline.
          Jim & Delores
          2005 30RKFS
          2005 2500HD D/A 4WD ext cab long box
          Jordan Ultima

INEPTOCRACY: a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Comment

Originally posted by BC Jim View Post
            Thanks! Blame it on the scenery! I'd like to have a small convertible to drive around Utah. Something where you can look straight up and stop fast at pullouts. There were lots of places I wanted to stop and soak in the sights but not with the big box behind us going downhill.

Utah is a fantastic state to see.
            Jim - of all of the states we have visited in the west, Utah without a doubt is the most beautiful. After spending a week in Zion NP, I thought the ideal situation for retirement would be to live in Springdale, UT and be a shuttle driver in the park.
            sigpic2012 Ford F350,
            Lariat Crew Cab,
            6.7 Powerstroke,
            2014 Heartland Big Country 2950RK
            Hensley BD3 5th wheel hitch
            2002 SunnyBrook 27FKS (sold)
            Hensley Arrow (traded in)

Comment

i know this is an old "post'----but we just got back from 3 weeks seeing the canyons---jused this blog for CG recommendations and they were great as expected---we had not planned on driving Hway 12---but a frien told me about a great resturant in Boluder UT---so we went---if you are ever in the area (i mean within a 100+ miles) it's worth a visit---Hell's backbone Grill---excellent !! had a great dinner came back for breakfast and had the best eggs i've ever eaten (and thats a lot of eggs)

and i agree Utah is a joy to visit

Comment

This is a valuable thread to keep alive. I agree Utah is my favorite too. Thanks for posting the pictures. We drove Hwy 12 too it was scary and awesome! Yes it would have been more fun without hauling the trailer we had the 26FKS then. I wonder how we would do with the 33FKS? Did anyone do that route with that model?
                2019 F350 CC 4x4 SB ARE CX Cap with lift door
                2005 Sunnybrook 33FKS
                2001 Sunnybrook 26FK-kept 10 yrs loved it
                Hensley Arrow

Comment

The grades, tho steep, are fairly short--most of them--I think you would do ok with the 33, just slowww near the top.
                  I've done it with my 450/Suites at 28k gross and no problems.
                  We are headed out there 2nd week of Sept--4 couples--for a couple of weeks.
                  Joe
                  '05 36 TK3 Mobiles Suites
                  '09 F450 4x4--put out to pasture
                  '10 F450 4x4--new to me
                  First wife, back to 3 Yorkies
                  Livin to go campin
                  In the past: SB 26FK; 30FKS

Comment

Working...
                  X