Prince William Forest RV Campground - Dumfries, VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince William Forest RV Campground - Dumfries, VA

We stayed for just a week in Dumfries. The office workers were all very nice.

If you want 50-amp service, you have to camp at the back of the campground - all shaded. They only had 30-amp left for us, so we took one of the pull-through sites just a few rows from the office. Sewer included.

The problem is that the sites are not long enough for both your rig and your vehicle, and you have to park your car in the space next to your rig made for that. Unfortunately, that space is not big enough for a truck, so we had to park in the parking spaces at the end of the row. Anyway - all this means that there really is nowhere to sit outside unless you want to sit behind your car.

The other problem is that the roads are very narrow, which by itself isn't necessarily a problem. But when coupled with the fact that the front (or back) of everyone's rigs (larger ones) are at the very edge of the sites, leaving little room for people pulling in or out.

We only got our rig in our site by putting the rig in the space at an angle (imagine almost an X). When we got ready to pull out, Dan had to straighten the rig in the site, and then we only had about a foot left between our rig and the one next to us when we were leaving. That's too close.

The laundry room was nice, but I didn't check out the bath house.

We probably wouldn't camp here again unless we were forced too for some reason. Not because it was a bad place, but because of the fact that it's too close to other people's rigs pulling in and out.

We were getting ready to check out, and the kitchen slide wouldn't come in. So Dan had to get under the rig and replace something...I've forgotten what now. But they charged us $10/hour plus tax for not pulling out on time. I thought that was a little over the top since no one was scheduled to come into the site until the following day. But that's their policy. Dan got it all done in record time, and we were ready to pull out in two hours.

Zerelda
    Attached Files
    Dan & Zerelda Hammer
    Pensacola, FL
    SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
    2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

A good rv mechanic is hard to find. Glad you married one!
    2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
    2017 F350 Lariat PSD CC,SB,SRW, 3.55, FX4, LineX
    B&W Turnover
    Andersen 3220 Ultimate
    Elle and BJ - Da Pups

In the past:
    97 27RKFS SB
    04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by norty View Post
      A good rv mechanic is hard to find. Glad you married one!
      Me too!
      Z
      Dan & Zerelda Hammer
      Pensacola, FL
      SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
      2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

Comment

Working...
      X