Louisa, VA - Small Country Campground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louisa, VA - Small Country Campground

We are staying just for a week at the Small Country Campground in Louisa, VA. It's about half way between Richmond and Charlottesville. I am doing some family research here (at the genealogy society & courthouse), and it's not far from James Madison's and James Monroe's homes.

The people in the office are all very nice, and they do have full hook-up here with 50 amp service. They do have one nice row of large pull-through sites on top of the hill, but none were available for our time here.

The campground is full of mostly seasonal and permanent residents.

The sites in the row where we are camped are narrow; in fact, I had to walk back up to the office to get a different site from the one originally assigned to us (just barely big enough to put our truck in). I was a little perturbed since they knew we had a large rig with three slides. But they were nice about it and gave us several sites to choose from.

The sites in this row are heading downhill toward the back of the rig. We've got our front as low as it will go, and we're still headed downhill. I didn't ask Dan how many degrees.

I know VA tends to be more expensive for camping, and at $45/night, that's too much for the kind of site we have here. Even if we came back to this area for family research again, we would camp farther out at a better campground and drive into town.

Take a look at how close two of the rigs are. I hope they're really good friends.

Zerelda
    Well - I'll try to load the last two pictures later. I don't know why I'm having trouble with my attachments. :Scratch-Head:
    Attached Files
    Dan & Zerelda Hammer
    Pensacola, FL
    SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
    2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

the last time I was there sewer was up hill so I couldn't use it Lake Anna is nicest in area but now sewer.
    Ed & Maxine Thompson

Comment

I mentioned that it was not our first choice either. It used to be a PPA park but that may have changed.

I think the park was layed out by some good old boys.
      2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
      2017 F350 Lariat PSD CC,SB,SRW, 3.55, FX4, LineX
      B&W Turnover
      Andersen 3220 Ultimate
      Elle and BJ - Da Pups

In the past:
      97 27RKFS SB
      04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

I beg to differ, "Good Ol' Boys" all know which way s%#* runs. And it ain't uphill. That's sum ob dem dere city slickers.
        Clif and Millie
        Mabank, TX (sorta)
        2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually GONE
        2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler GONE

Comment

I can tell you have never been there!!! It's redneck small country.
          2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
          2017 F350 Lariat PSD CC,SB,SRW, 3.55, FX4, LineX
          B&W Turnover
          Andersen 3220 Ultimate
          Elle and BJ - Da Pups

In the past:
          97 27RKFS SB
          04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

More Pictures

According to their website, they are still PPA, and also Good Sams, and Escapees.

Z
            Attached Files
            Dan & Zerelda Hammer
            Pensacola, FL
            SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
            2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

Comment

Working...
            X