Richland-Kennewick WA Area Camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richland-Kennewick WA Area Camping

We are staying for two weeks in Richland, WA, at the Horn Rapids RV Resort. First impressions - all of the office people I've come into contact with in the last few days have been very nice. FHU - 50 amp - paved roads and partial paved/gravel sites. I think you'll see what I mean in the pictures. Sites are pull-through and back-in, and the back-in sites are angled and easy to get into. Sites are spacious, not right on top of your neighbor in most places on the campground. There are a few here & there, but overall, you won't feel like the proverbial sardine.
    I have not been in the bath house or the laundry room yet, but the clubhouse is really, really nice, and there is a pool and hot tub for guests' use. They have WiFi for guests to use, too.
    I think there is a dog run here, according to the map, but I haven't been over that way yet. So I'll have to report back on that.
    Discount rate - $45/night. I'm not sure what their regular rate is.

While we're here, we're going to take the tour at the Ligo Observatory, and the Manhattan Project Reactor B tour, and if we can still get a reservation, we're going to rent a jet ski tomorrow for a couple of hours to go out on the Columbia River.
    Z
    Dan & Zerelda Hammer
    Pensacola, FL
    SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
    2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

How is the temperature there? Any smoke noticeable? Will keep this one on the list when back that direction, thanks.
    '05 36 TK3 Mobiles Suites
    '09 F450 4x4--put out to pasture
    '10 F450 4x4--new to me
    First wife, back to 3 Yorkies
    Livin to go campin
    In the past: SB 26FK; 30FKS

Comment

Originally posted by wingnut60 View Post
      How is the temperature there? Any smoke noticeable? Will keep this one on the list when back that direction, thanks.
      Temperatures are much higher than the usual - high 90's (it's actually cooling off!) to 100+. But that's apparently not normal for this area. Everyone up here is suffering from these extremely high temperatures this year. We've seen the haze off in the distance, but we have not been close to anything that has interfered with the things we want to do.

By the way - the dog run is not fenced in. It's just a nice long, grassy area where dogs can do their business.

Off to jet ski on the Columbia River today - this morning, actually, before it gets hot outside. They are predicting 100+ again. Thankfully, it's supposed to be the last day, and then
      temperatures will drop into the 90's.

Z
      Dan & Zerelda Hammer
      Pensacola, FL
      SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
      2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

Comment

Working...
      X