Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beech fork state park

Beech Fork State Park - West Virginia State Parks

We stayed Fri-Sun. the first weekend of april. They have several full hook up pull thru sites. they sit close to each other but its all very flat and level, clean and well maintained.

They do have sites that are electric only in coves that sit right along the water. They have park rangers that drive thru the park several times durring the day as well as at night. i felt extreamly safe here. other then the coons that wanted the trash out of the trash can next door there were no issues at all.

they have several bike trails that are black topped and wind thru the entire campground. there are also lots of hiking trails.

small pond fishing, basketball court play grounds, pool (very nice) when it gets warmer. 2 baseball fields. several bath houses thru-out.

they also have cabin rentals. they looked like your basic cabins we only saw them from the outside.

they allow small boats with 9hp or lower on the water, as well as paddle boats.

other then a kiss your butt curve and a few bumps it wasn't too bad of a drive in. light traffic the whole way.
    08 sunny brook sunset creek 341SRD -sold after several years of amazing memories
    2014 Open Range 397fbs. For the next stage of camping.
    2008 Ford F-450 King Ranch.
    hoping to make memories that last a lifetime, and shared over the campfire.

Boy that a long trailer how does it pull???
    2007 Outback Sydney 31 RQS 2006 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 2500 CTD 4x4 Heavy Duty Big Horn Tow capacity 14,000 Lbs. Yea it's has a Cummins!!!!! Hensley Arrow Hitch Air Lift Air Springs Ultimate Digital Control for Air Springs A.R.E. Truck Top Sirius S50 Satellite Radio

Comment

Originally posted by muddy princess sara View Post
      Beech Fork State Park - West Virginia State Parks
      other then a kiss your butt curve and a few bumps it wasn't too bad of a drive in. light traffic the whole way.
      We live about 5 miles from Beach Fork. I have heard that curve called a lot of things but never that. Thats interesting!:applause:

They also have a nice pool across the road with a picnic area. The lake you see is actually the back water of a pretty large lake with a dam. Bass fishing is pretty good! By road it is several curvy miles to the other side. They have pontoon rentals which you can bring back to the campground by water.

We have not camped there in a while. The HP limit is 9.9 and my pontoon is 70 HP

What part of Ohio are you from?

Ron
      -2014 Open Range Roamer RT288FLR TT
      -2007.5 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 Mega Cab 6.7 CTD 6-Speed 68RFE Auto
      -2005 Hensley Arrow
      -2001 Ebbtibe 210 Fun Cruiser Power Boat - SOLD
      -2000 Sunnybrook 26FK - SOLD
      -1996 Dodge Ram 2500 Ext Cab 4X4 5.9 CTD - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by rip View Post
        Boy that a long trailer how does it pull???
        well my husband is sure its close to what its like to pull a semi trailer. altho after getting our first trip underway, we have a few adjustments to make so that it feels smoother. but its alot easier then what myself or my husband had our self expected.

Originally posted by PapaDiver View Post
        We live about 5 miles from Beach Fork. I have heard that curve called a lot of things but never that. Thats interesting!:applause:

They also have a nice pool across the road with a picnic area. The lake you see is actually the back water of a pretty large lake with a dam. Bass fishing is pretty good! By road it is several curvy miles to the other side. They have pontoon rentals which you can bring back to the campground by water.

We have not camped there in a while. The HP limit is 9.9 and my pontoon is 70 HP

What part of Ohio are you from?

Ron

hum that boat idea might be a good idea if we go with a large group again.

im from right across the river at huntington. Proctorville actually.

do you have any local fav parks you can tell me about for future ref?
        08 sunny brook sunset creek 341SRD -sold after several years of amazing memories

Comment

Originally posted by muddy princess sara View Post
          well my husband is sure its close to what its like to pull a semi trailer. altho after getting our first trip underway, we have a few adjustments to make so that it feels smoother
          curious, what adjustments do you think need to be made?

Jim
          Jim
          '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
          '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

i think we need to go to link 5 in the wd hitch. were currently on 7.

but the camper did a little up and down bouncing. and were also putting on a second sway bar. not that we had sway problems, but i dont want to take any risk.

Comment

This park has become our annual first trip out for every year since we bought our camper. Always the first weekend of April. This has turned into my favorite local park. By local I mean from door to site under an hour. We almost always stay in the full hook up area. While all their sites are nice if I have the option of full hook up and avoiding using a shower house and a dump line I'll put up with having a camper closer and a few dollars more a night. It did go up to 28 dollars a night for full hook ups but still worth it in the budget end of things.

With it still being to cold to go to the pool we had a Saturday night Tball/softball game. We lost the whiffleball (someone left it on a table and it got windy during the day while we went to get some bike time in at a local track) I glad to report I was on the winning team and tagged my husband who was on the other team out twice. And just so you know tagging them out by throwing the ball from first to third and hitting them with the ball counts as an out. We played till way past dark and ended up winning 17-3. We tried to give them the mercy option but they wanted one more time to bat. Two strike outs and a tag out at 3rd put us over the top with a huge win.
              The weather was wonderful. Still early in the season but very happy our buddies got there early on Friday and paid for all the sites at once so that we actually got a site. 3 campers were turned away. Well I should say they were offered Electric sites only but passed. The full park opens on the 15th.

They use to only allow reservations in 24 sites, now they allow them in several more. Altho Im still not sure how the rules of reservations work. They make it sound so hard while on the phone trying to work it out.

Rangers are different, or at least they seam different then the ones we met last year, but were still nice, friendly and helpful. Still did checks around the entire park.

Comment

Working...
              X