W. Va toll road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W. Va toll road

Will be traveling from Fredericksburg, Va going west and will be on toll road (I64,) when my day should end. Do they allow 5th wheels to park over night in the plazas? Can't locate any campgrounds that work out right. The rest stop at mile marker 72 is about the perfect stop for us. Will be there Jun 22 or 23d.
    Thanks.

Rest Stop

Originally posted by Danzrebel View Post
    Will be traveling from Fredericksburg, Va going west and will be on toll road (I64,) when my day should end. Do they allow 5th wheels to park over night in the plazas? Can't locate any campgrounds that work out right. The rest stop at mile marker 72 is about the perfect stop for us. Will be there Jun 22 or 23d.
    Thanks.
    Can't imagine what the problem would be, as long as you are not blocking traffic.
    Never heard of anyone getting kicked out of one.
    I would think that the Hwy. Patrol would be happy to see you pull over when you are tired.
    Have heard of a lot of folks going to sleep at the wheel, and causing an accident. I have used them in the past in a pinch. No problems.
    Lee
    Lee & Mamie http://www.youtube.com/v/4FrGxO2Fn_Msigpic
    Buy American, The Job You Save May Be Your Own
    04 - 2500 Chevy CC Silverado - D/A
    07 - Tahoe LTZ w/tow package,
    16K Pullrite Super Slide
    2006 Excel 30RSO
    All Made In the U.S.A.

Comment

Safety Rest Areas and Welcome Centers
      Check this site for the status of each rest area. There is also contact information to asked DOT if the site doesn't do it.

EDIT: I just noticed that your post is for West Virginia. Not obvious to me in the question. Sorry. The people at this number should be able to refer you to WV contact if they don't know.
      Last edited by Voodoo; 06-01-2008, 04:13 PM.
      2001 Mobile Scout 30RK
      2001 Ford F-250 PSD

Comment

Good data on Virginia. I only checked 2 of them, one on I 95 and one on I 77, but they both say Two Hour Parking Limit. So no overnight parking is allowed, at least in those 2.
        Going the extra mile just means you missed your exit.

The Black Pearl '07.5 Dodge 3500 Q/C 3500 DRW LB 6.7 CTD Orion 6 sp auto

'07 SB 31 BWKSLX w/King Bed Slide
        sigpic

Comment

Here's a link to rest areas in WV. Lots of information, but nothing about overnight parking. However, at the bottom of the page there is an e-mail address for WVDot and you can ask that question. Good luck on your trip and stay safe.
          Interstate Rest Areas

sigpic

Comment

2 hrs.

Originally posted by sunnytraveler5595 View Post
            Good data on Virginia. I only checked 2 of them, one on I 95 and one on I 77, but they both say Two Hour Parking Limit. So no overnight parking is allowed, at least in those 2.
            I have never seen a meter maid with a chalk stick marking tires for a 2 hour limit. Heck it takes me 2 hrs to get to sleep.
            I just think they don't want to encourage folks to try to go camping at a rest stop. Truckers have to sleep more than 2 hours or get a ticket.
            In a pinch I would do it just park away from say the bathrooms, where folks go in and out a lot.
            But thats just what I would do. You do what you feel comfortable with.
            Lee
            Lee & Mamie http://www.youtube.com/v/4FrGxO2Fn_Msigpic
            Buy American, The Job You Save May Be Your Own
            04 - 2500 Chevy CC Silverado - D/A
            07 - Tahoe LTZ w/tow package,
            16K Pullrite Super Slide
            2006 Excel 30RSO
            All Made In the U.S.A.

Comment

i use to travel this road all the time between our home in virginia beach and my parents home just north of huntington wv.

they do indeed allow overnight parking, the toll road itself is very um lets say full of hills and turns. be prepared to slow down and I would be willing to bet you stop before you plan too.

i personaly would stop at the mile 44 tamarack stop.

its set up with a gas station with huge pull thru area food court area. and have nice clean bathrooms.

i believe almost every rest area in wv has a dump station, they may not be visibily marked but they do have them.

be very careful once you get into the charleston wv area, there vicious down there.

Have a safe trip.

btw, where is your destination? will you be going the whole way on 64 thru w.va? you will be w/i miles of us if you do. altho im not sure were gonna be home that weekend.
              08 sunny brook sunset creek 341SRD -sold after several years of amazing memories
              2014 Open Range 397fbs. For the next stage of camping.
              2008 Ford F-450 King Ranch.
              hoping to make memories that last a lifetime, and shared over the campfire.

Comment

I64

Thanks all. I appreciate all the replies.
                Sara we will be on I64 all the way to St Louis, Mo to visit our granddaughter Sara. Coincidence. LOL

Dan and Bonnie
                Jimmy and Dani
                Last edited by Danzrebel; 06-02-2008, 03:35 PM.

Comment

very cool. have a safe trip and enjoy the views of w.va.
                  Ky has some great views as well. and a few state parks that are right off the interstate as well.
                  08 sunny brook sunset creek 341SRD -sold after several years of amazing memories
                  2014 Open Range 397fbs. For the next stage of camping.
                  2008 Ford F-450 King Ranch.
                  hoping to make memories that last a lifetime, and shared over the campfire.

Comment

Originally posted by muddy princess sara View Post

i believe almost every rest area in wv has a dump station, they may not be visibily marked but they do have them.
                    The web sight that I posted did say that all the Interstate rest areas do have dump stations.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X