Huntington / Fox Fire KOA in Milton, WVA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huntington / Fox Fire KOA in Milton, WVA

Nice KOA with very nice host. Large grassy sites with fairly easy access off of I-64. The entrance is a little tricky but not bad.
    My & Shirley
    2011 CL36XTRMS
    2015 SIERRA 3500 DENALI HD

the pictures below were taken on 6-4-11 .... I agree with My's assessments .... I do find it interesting that this KOA has a swimming area in a pond and doesn't have a pool .... I can't recall visiting another one where that was the case

Jim
    Attached Files
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

5-26-12 .... for the second year in a row we spent the Memorial Day Holiday at Huntington KOA.... this year the park is all but full so it is much more crowded .... the draw on their electrical system has already caused one brief blackout in out area .... water pressure is very good .... below are a few pictures showing how tightly packed campers are in here this holiday weekend

Jim
      Attached Files
      Jim
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Huntington KOA

This is one of the nicer KOAs we have stayed in. They also have added cable to all sites. They also allow you to wash your RV on site which not many campgrounds do. As a full-timer it is hard to wash our RV unless we hire someone to come on site and pay them to do it. When we drove from Fancy Gap, VA to Milton, WV it was snowing and they were salting the roads. We ended up being very dirty and full of road salt. It was nice to get the salt off both the truck and 5th wheel.

We also visited Blenko Glass Company in Milton which has been in business since 1893. Linda and I enjoyed a little tour where we observed glass pourers as they made glass bowls. We also got in on their once a year factory sale and enjoyed spending time looking at their beautiful glass products and spending a little money. It was worth the visit.
        Attached Files
        2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN Rear Air 4:10's
        2013 Lifestyle LS35SB, MORryde IS System, disc brakes
        AIRSAFE Air Hitch
        Blog: bolltimers.com

Comment

Joe I wish you would of told me you guys were going to stay here... I'm just but about 30 mins from there. I would of shown up in some sparkly shoes and passed out hugs.
          This goes for anyone in the future, if you head to this RV park please give me notice. I'll be more then excited to personally meet you.
          08 sunny brook sunset creek 341SRD -sold after several years of amazing memories
          2014 Open Range 397fbs. For the next stage of camping.
          2008 Ford F-450 King Ranch.
          hoping to make memories that last a lifetime, and shared over the campfire.

Comment

Originally posted by muddy princess sara View Post
            I would of shown up in some sparkly shoes and passed out hugs.

after considerable research, I can personally attest to the fact that Sara does a wonder job of passing out hugs .. :salute:

Jim
            Jim
            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

we have reservations to overnight at Huntington in a couple of weeks .... we haven't been there since 2011 .... an update from anyone who has been there lately would be appreciated
              Jim
              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
              '04 Sea Pro 180DC
              '17 Elio reserved

Comment

We stayed here last summer. Thought it was a very nice park. The employees were all extremely pleasant. The only complaint I'd have was the grass was quite tall, but they even mentioned that and apologized during check-in. It seems they had been having quite a lot of rain the prior week and could not find enough dry weather to mow it!
                2015 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
                2013 Ford F250 6.7 PS Diesel Lariat Crew

Comment

good to hear .... the last time we were there, things went well
                  Jim
                  '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                  '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                  '17 Elio reserved

Comment

earlier today I spoke with Sara (muddy princess sara) and we are delighted to have arranged to meet with Sara and David while we are at Firefox .... it will really be good to have the opportunity to visit with them again
                    Jim
                    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

as planned on April 29 - 30, 2017 we overnighted at Huntington/Fox Fire .... the highlight of our stay there was getting to once again visit with Sara and David (muddy princess sara) .... the pictures above remain a good representation of this CG .... $45 for full hookups with KOA discount .... the vast majority of their sites are occupied by long term leases, reservations recommended .... pull through sites are of a back to back design where a common utility area is shared .... the folks working there were very friendly and helpful .... my general impression was it has become a very tired CG .... one in need of many upgrades and improvements
                      Jim
                      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...
                      X