Flatwoods WV KOA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flatwoods WV KOA

Pros: Clean, right off the interstate w/o any noise. Quiet, 4 different sections. Depending on the style of camping you want to do. Kids have the center area with a playground. Large Class A's have a section along with 50 amp campers.

Cons: Only one section will get you a clear view of the southern sky and books quickly. We blew the breaker on the power box outside a total of 5 times over the weekend. Running the A/C on low and 1 tv if we used the power water heater it would blow the breaker. The site we were on 23 the sewer hook up was uphill.. odd, it took some work to get things cleared out of the line. No bath houses for those that like to shower in a bathhouse. depending on your site area you had to navigate in some narrow and steep hills. Also had to check in thru the hotel next to the campground and there was not a camp host on site. nor a store.

over all it has just what you need an nothing more. Destination campground it is not. Stop over campground it pretty much scored a 10. If the power wouldn't of given us fits it would of been a 10 for our use of the campground.
    It saved us major headaches and stress navigating into holly river state park w/o our camper. I spent tons of summers in that area, If we were going to stay for more then a one day visit I would of towed the camper in to holly river. But we only spent one afternoon at the park for a family reunion.
    08 sunny brook sunset creek 341SRD -sold after several years of amazing memories
    2014 Open Range 397fbs. For the next stage of camping.
    2008 Ford F-450 King Ranch.
    hoping to make memories that last a lifetime, and shared over the campfire.

Hey, Sara. It sounds like a big place and one could say "it's got potential". I've sure seen, but not stayed in, worse. And you didn't put an X on the place, so it must be a fair place. I am sorry though, that y'all had electrical troubles.

Talking with the maintenance manager at the little CG we always liked, and he says nearly all their electrical is over 40 years old. The only new stuff in the system are the 50 amp hook-ups. He tells me that that's pretty much typical of LOTS of parks and CGs. That kind of age takes a toll.
    Clayton & Gayle
    2007 SB Mobile Scout/Titan 34BWKS LX, Mor/ryde Suspension & Pin Box
    2008 F-350 SD Lariat 6.4L PSD, TorqueShift w/Tow Cmd, 3.73 LS, SRW
    Super Cab, Long Bed, Firestone Ride-Rites & a 20k Reese Pro Hitch

Comment

This KOA isn't very old. 15 years ago it wasn't even there.

B/c there was not a camp host on site we didn't have anyone to talk to about the issue. When we spoke the the girl at the front desk of the hotel that checked us in she said that the manager of the campground was not there for the weekend. They don't have that typical KOA feeling. I would most def stay there again. It was just a bummer having to go flip the power breaker again and again.

I wonder if the 50 amp sections had as much problems.
      08 sunny brook sunset creek 341SRD -sold after several years of amazing memories

Comment

I do have to say I like the idea of having someone responsible for the place on the property. And I would be willing to bet the 50 amp section fared better. It's probably all newer equipment in there. And maybe not. Just my .
        Clayton & Gayle
        2007 SB Mobile Scout/Titan 34BWKS LX, Mor/ryde Suspension & Pin Box
        2008 F-350 SD Lariat 6.4L PSD, TorqueShift w/Tow Cmd, 3.73 LS, SRW
        Super Cab, Long Bed, Firestone Ride-Rites & a 20k Reese Pro Hitch

Comment

I carry a 50 to 30 amp adapter, if I have a choice I will plug into the 50 amp for somereason it works better for me
          Frank and Janet Henn
          Traveling with Hoover and Rainbow the Wonder dogs and Now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer
          2008 CrossRoads Cruiser CF32BL Pushing a 2007 Dodge 2500 CDT with a six speed Automaticsigpic
          out of Brandon Mississippi

Comment

The site was 30 amp only. It did not have a 50 amp plug option. Had that been an option we too would of done the same thing to see if it faired better.

Comment

If you would have had a meter and saw how low the voltage was you probably would have left. I won't run the A/C under 110v.
              Ed & Maxine Thompson

Comment

Working...
              X