Jellystone park - Caledonia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jellystone park - Caledonia

Does anyone know if we can bring our own firewood to the Jellystone park in Caledonia, WI?
    Frank and Jean
    Retired Navy
    DAV Life Member
    '09 Rockwood Roo 233s
    '03 1500 Silverado LS

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
    The things that come to those that wait will be the scraggly crappy junk left by those that got there first.

sigpic

We camp there all the time. You're not supposed to... but we do. Best practice... bring a bin of your own wood (inside the camper or in the bed of a truck)... and when you're having your fire... have a bundle of wood you purchased from them there with you. They have a golf cart that goes around selling wood bundles. --- This has always been our practice. Never had an issue.
    Jeff, Julie, Cameron, & Taylor Lockhart - Wauconda, IL

2012 F-250 FX4 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat
    2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er

"Cram-A-Lot Inn"
    sigpic

Visit our family online - www.thelockharts.com
    Find us / "friend" us on social websites - Facebook

Comment

Thanks. Didn't bring any this time. We are close enough to Zion to get some from home should we decide to get some. Next time we're thinking of getting the concrete slab site. This grass/gravel site is pretty muddy due to the rains. Is there a train/trolley thing? I keep hearing a whistle.
      Frank and Jean
      Retired Navy
      DAV Life Member
      '09 Rockwood Roo 233s
      '03 1500 Silverado LS

It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
      The things that come to those that wait will be the scraggly crappy junk left by those that got there first.

sigpic

Comment

Found out the whistle is a warning the basket of water is about to dump at the pool.
        Frank and Jean
        Retired Navy
        DAV Life Member
        '09 Rockwood Roo 233s
        '03 1500 Silverado LS

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Popeye View Post
          Found out the whistle is a warning the basket of water is about to dump at the pool.
          LOL!! Yep. The kids love it...

Yeah, the grass sites aren't normally too bad... but with all the rain we've had this year --- just about everything that isn't concrete is mud.
          Jeff, Julie, Cameron, & Taylor Lockhart - Wauconda, IL

2012 F-250 FX4 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat
          2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er

"Cram-A-Lot Inn"
          sigpic

Visit our family online - www.thelockharts.com
          Find us / "friend" us on social websites - Facebook

Comment

Hey, Jeff--do they charge for matches too?
            '05 36 TK3 Mobiles Suites
            '09 F450 4x4--put out to pasture
            '10 F450 4x4--new to me
            First wife, back to 3 Yorkies
            Livin to go campin
            In the past: SB 26FK; 30FKS

Comment

Maybe not for matches but it seems like there is a fee for most every event. Not a cheap vacation, but since we'll only go when we have the grandkids (and they stay pretty entertained and engaged), it's a doable thing once a year. Jeff, they opened up Bear Paw Beach this past weekend. Huge inflatable floating obstacle course in a dug out pond. Currently you can only access it through the park if you rent a golf cart. Otherwise you can drive East on 7 MIle road to get to the back entrance. Not free, but my 11 year old grandson enjoyed it.
              Frank and Jean
              Retired Navy
              DAV Life Member
              '09 Rockwood Roo 233s
              '03 1500 Silverado LS

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X