Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jfrow2 View Post

Any more goodies like that?
    Ohh Jim he is full of it, oppps I mean full of them! Yeah yeah thats the ticket! :stickpoke:
    Ryan, Beth, Alyssa, Maggie the pug & Dexter the destroyer.
    Eatonville WA
    2004 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually 5.9 CTD
    2001 Sunnybrook 31BWFS with optional Bedroom Slide.
    https://www.facebook.com/Magentaman

Comment

Originally posted by WAFLHTIRider View Post
      Ohh Jim he is full of it, oppps I mean full of them! Yeah yeah thats the ticket! :stickpoke:
      We tried Jim's Huli Huli chicken thingamabob for the first time tonight and loved it. DW is looking forward to serving it to friends next week.

Thanks, Jim.

Any more goodies like that?
      challenge accepted :cheers: ... give me a few and I'll post a similar but very different recipe

Jim
      Jim
      '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
      '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Originally posted by JEBar View Post
        challenge accepted :cheers: ... give me a few and I'll post a similar but very different recipe

Jim
        Jim, we had some Huli Huli chicken left over from dinner last night. Today, we cut the chicken into small pieces and made a great chef's salad.
        Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.

Judy and Joel,=Jfrow2

Comment

Jim, we had some Huli Huli chicken left over from dinner last night. Today, we cut the chicken into small pieces and made a great chef's salad.
          not surprised in the least ..:nope:. chicken/pork cooked with in this matter are great hot off the grill and some say even better the next day :thewave:

Jim
          Jim
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Originally posted by WAFLHTIRider View Post
            Hopefully Jim will repost his bacon wrapped, cream cheese stuffed chicken breast recipe. That's been a big hit with everyone that I've fixed it for.

I even extrapolated the recipe and tried bacon wrapped turkey breast, sans the cream cheese.
            Attached Files
            Russell
            '13 Excel Winslow 34IKE
            '16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
            Previous RV's: '03 MobileScout Titan 29DBS;
            '01 Sunnybrook 2708 SLE; '99 Coleman Utah

Comment

update

we will be fixing Huli Huli Chicken tomorrow .... really a great recipe .... thought I'd bump it back up for any folks who many not have seen it and might be interested .... works best grilled over indirect heat at a low temp

Jim
              Jim
              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
              '04 Sea Pro 180DC
              '17 Elio reserved

Comment

we will be fixing Huli Huli Chicken tomorrow .... really a great recipe .... thought I'd bump it back up for any folks who many not have seen it and might be interested .... works best grilled over indirect heat at a low temp

Jim
                In lieu of cream cheese , have you ever tried goats milk cheese?
                I bought a tube of it and cut a small piece of it for taste.
                It started off dry side , but after it warmed in the mouth it just melted.
                I am going to try it on baked taters.
                I bet its going to be good.
                Lee & Mamie http://www.youtube.com/v/4FrGxO2Fn_Msigpic
                Buy American, The Job You Save May Be Your Own
                04 - 2500 Chevy CC Silverado - D/A
                07 - Tahoe LTZ w/tow package,
                16K Pullrite Super Slide
                2006 Excel 30RSO
                All Made In the U.S.A.

Comment

Originally posted by drfife View Post
                  Hopefully Jim will repost his bacon wrapped, cream cheese stuffed chicken breast recipe. That's been a big hit with everyone that I've fixed it for.

I even extrapolated the recipe and tried bacon wrapped turkey breast, sans the cream cheese.

.... looks like I'm only about 3 years slow in seeing this .... just posted a recipe in a separate thread .... hope it is the one you were wanting

Jim
                  Jim
                  '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                  '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                  '17 Elio reserved

Comment

after spending a week camping at Chesapeake during which we made an effort to schedule cooking old favorites which we haven't fixed in a while, our last evening meal will center around Huli-Huli Chicken .... folks who haven't tried this recipe might want to take a look at it .... as covered in the early post in this thread, it is an authentic Hawaiian recipe that smells wonderful when cooking and taste even better ... on remainder, this is a recipe which responds best to slow cooking

Jim
                    Jim
                    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

7-6-12 .... once again tomorrow night we will be fixing Huli Huli Chicken for one of Maureen's brothers and his wife .... this recipe remains one of our favorites and will no doubt have the neighborhood smelling good once again ..

Jim
                      Jim
                      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Thanks for recipe

We are "out" and I'm trying this chicken thing tonight. I really like simple but delicious recipes. If I can find my camera ("lost" in the packing up to go blurr) I'll take some pix and post and then eat them. Thanks again. We may be using this recipe at our community dinner soon. Our activities director is a Hawaii native!
                        Tom & Fay Makin

Comment

Originally posted by thmakin View Post
                          We are "out" and I'm trying this chicken thing tonight.

just cook it as slow as possible, high heat will burn it .... I do like to make extra marinade and baste the chicken each time it is turned .... looking forward to your comments and pictures

Jim
                          Jim
                          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Cook extra because the cooking odors will attract everyone.
                            2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
                            06 F350 Lariat PSD CC,LB,SRW, 3.73, EGR delete kit,Timbrens
                            16K DrawTite, LineX
                            His and Hers Ocean Kayaks, TST TPMS
                            Elle and BJ

In the past:
                            97 27RKFS SB
                            04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

Pictures....what pictures?

Yeah, yeah, yeah I have the camera sitting right here and didn't think once about pictures. This is an excellent reason to make this chix again. Anyway, I did not use a blender or my peewee food processor on the garlic or the ginger and now I know I should have....nevertheless, there is nothing left of the four thighs and 2 boneless skinless breasts except a few bones. It was excellent!! I also only had an afternoon to marinade the chix, still it was very good. I cooked it Monday evening on our el cheapo gas grill that attaches to the fiver and uses a propane qd provided by Sunnybrook. This grill gets down to a very low flame which made the cooking worry free. I use it all the time to cook bacon on another el cheapo flat top griddle that fits over the heating surface perfectly. Bacon also cooked at low flame and cooking is easy and controllable....maybe a little slow, but that early in the morning, who isn't? We are out for another week and half and I plan to do this again very, very soon. Guess what the leftovers make quite nicely......chicken salad which we had over a bed of lettuce last night for dinner. Watch out.....boneless skinless breasts cook faster than bone in with skin thighs. I'm putting this recipe into my recipe software when I get home so that it'll be there whenever I need it. Thanks!
                              Tom & Fay Makin

Comment

just cook it as slow as possible, high heat will burn it .... I do like to make extra marinade and baste the chicken each time it is turned .... looking forward to your comments and pictures

Jim
                                I have tried this recipe a couple of times without much success. I guess my grill just doesn't cook cool enough as my result is always too burnt. What do you think about marinating the chicken sans the brown sugar and just adding it to the basting sauce towards the end of the cooking?
                                DZWISS
                                Ford 2011 F350 6.7 PSD, Titan 50 Gal. fuel tank
                                2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 27 FB
                                Cavco Park Model in AZ

"Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for." Will Rogers

Comment

Working...
                                X