No announcement yet.

Holland Companion Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about making a 3 sided windshield with a piano hinge, for folding flat?
    Lee & Mamie http://www.youtube.com/v/4FrGxO2Fn_Msigpic
    Buy American, The Job You Save May Be Your Own
    04 - 2500 Chevy CC Silverado - D/A
    07 - Tahoe LTZ w/tow package,
    16K Pullrite Super Slide
    2006 Excel 30RSO
    All Made In the U.S.A.

Comment

• today about noon, right on cue, the wind settled down and we fired up the Holland and Smoke Daddy attachment .... had her smoking pretty good .... about 3 hours later some new friends came over and we ate some really good Baby Back Pork Ribs ....
      Jim
      '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
      '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• LATEST GRILL REPAIRS

given, with the regulator I use, most of the time, our grill is run at a temp considerably higher than is possible with the OEM regulator .... as a result the metal is heated beyond design specs and then cools .... the pictures below tell the story ... for the most part the grill stands up well but it is pretty thin and in some areas, over time, tends to crack .... the metal subject to the highest heat is the lip on which the drip pan sits ..... after a good bit of thinking, I decided the easiest (hopefully), effective way to support the lip is to run a stainless threaded rod just below the lip .... so far, it appears that it should work well .... we should know rather quickly because we will be using the grill on both tomorrow and Saturday at a club outing,
        Jim
        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• Necessity IS the Mother of Invention.
          Clayton & Gayle
          2007 SB Mobile Scout/Titan 34BWKS LX, Mor/ryde Suspension & Pin Box
          2008 F-350 SD Lariat 6.4L PSD, TorqueShift w/Tow Cmd, 3.73 LS, SRW
          Super Cab, Long Bed, Firestone Ride-Rites & a 20k Reese Pro Hitch

Comment

• why do I like a Holland Companion grill ???? .... one reason, there aren't many grills out there that are capable of grilling bacon without having a grease fire .... turned out good; in fact, really good
            Jim
            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• we have a new (to us) Companion .... a while back Norty let me know he had a lightly used Holland Companion for sale and I told him to consider it sold .... on our way back from Texas we met out on I95 near Charleston and picked it up .... Norty had it shined up and I must say it really looked good .... today we put it to use for the first time .... it was used to grill a Texas (HEB) T-bone and South Dakota Sirloin .... it won't take long to get it broken in and up to speed ....
              Jim
              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
              '04 Sea Pro 180DC
              '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• And of course you're going to keep it that clean....
                Jeff, Julie, Cameron, & Taylor Lockhart - Wauconda, IL

2012 F-250 FX4 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat
                2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er

"Cram-A-Lot Inn"
                sigpic

Visit our family online - www.thelockharts.com
                Find us / "friend" us on social websites - Facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                  And of course you're going to keep it that clean....
                  Jim!? Keep a grill clean!?
                  My friends call me Woody (among other things)
                  My DW's name is Cindy
                  2007 Sunnybrook Brookside 301 RBS
                  2008 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD LTZ dually D/A
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                    And of course you're going to keep it that clean....
                    .... as noted, my focus is to see that "it won't take long to get it broken in and up to speed" .... there are several things on our old Holland that I plan to remove and install on the new one .... example, the handle between the chimneys as can be seen below .... I hope to get started on that tomorrow .... the new one has a builtin thermometer, the first Companion I've owned with that feature .... I can already tell that the thermostat on the new one allows higher temps than the one I've been using

Jim
                    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• during the first few post in this thread, an alternative Weber regulator is shown and the notch that needs to be cut so as to make it work on a Holland Companion .... I've recently run across another, one from Charbroil (link below) .... it requires cutting the same notch .... this regulator is hotter than the Weber .... I like this new regulator and plan to buy a couple

https://www.charbroil.com/regulator-valve-g1020400w1
                      Jim
                      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• Has anyone attempted prime rib on this? David has me make Prime rib at least every other month.

With that being said, we often have to wait till weekends b/c prep and cooking times. I usually do about 7lbs. cut off bone but tied back for even cooking. My other option is a smoker. It's electric b/c that's easier b/c I forget to add to them..
                        08 sunny brook sunset creek 341SRD -sold after several years of amazing memories
                        2014 Open Range 397fbs. For the next stage of camping.
                        2008 Ford F-450 King Ranch.
                        hoping to make memories that last a lifetime, and shared over the campfire.

Comment

• I've grilled and smoked Prime Rib in our Companion ..... its been a long time since I've done one because I'm not a fan of prime rib .... for me it usually has considerably more fat content than I care for
                          Jim
                          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• 190623 001 new Weber Go-Anywhere 001.jpg

back in March I found that I needed to order a spare Weber go-anywhere regulator for our Holland Companion .... when I found the ones I've used for years apparently are no longer available .... so I ordered a Weber 67178 Go-Anywhere Valve w/Regulator....its clearly a fancier regulator, just hope it works as well .... yesterday I made the minor mod required to have it fit our Companion and later today we hope to use it for the first time
                            Last edited by JEBar; 06-23-2019, 10:26 PM.
                            Jim
                            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• Well, how did it go?

Originally posted by JEBar View Post
                              190623 001 new Weber Go-Anywhere 001.jpg

back in March I found that I needed to order a spare Weber go-anywhere regulator for our Holland Companion .... when I found the ones I've used for years apparently are no longer available .... so I ordered a Weber 67178 Go-Anywhere Valve w/Regulator....its clearly a fancier regulator, just hope it works as well .... yesterday I made the minor mod required to have it fit our Companion and later today we hope to use it for the first time
                              Ryan, Beth, Alyssa, Maggie the pug & Dexter the destroyer.
                              Eatonville WA
                              2004 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually 5.9 CTD
                              2001 Sunnybrook 31BWFS with optional Bedroom Slide.
                              https://www.facebook.com/Magentaman

Comment

• initial reaction has been positive but I'm still learning .... it has more variables than the old ones with just a knob that you learn to turn to a certain position .... the big knob has slots that you can feel it lock into .... in addition, the on-off valve has 5 turns of adjustments that vary the flow of propane into the regulator .... its highest setting isn't as hot as some we've used and that isn't a bad thing .... we usually grill with the regulator set in the Medium range and I believe that will continue to be the case
                                Jim
                                '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                                '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                                '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...
                                X