Campfire Grill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Popeye View Post
    I know this thread went down the DO trail but since you asked about grills... .
    :happy001: LMAO good one Frank

Comment

Just a quick addition... some pics of our DO table in action this past weekend!!

Tried a new breakfast recipe in the DO... (that's what this pic was from)...
      MMMMMmmmmm!!!!!!! :ready:

Recipe to be posted in a separate thread.
      Jeff, Julie, Cameron, & Taylor Lockhart - Wauconda, IL

2012 F-250 FX4 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat
      2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er

"Cram-A-Lot Inn"
      sigpic

Visit our family online - www.thelockharts.com
      Find us / "friend" us on social websites - Facebook

Comment

UPDATE :

talk about a heavy duty campfire grill,
        Jim
        '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
        '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
          Just a quick addition... some pics of our DO table in action this past weekend!!

Tried a new breakfast recipe in the DO... (that's what this pic was from)...
          MMMMMmmmmm!!!!!!! :ready:

Recipe to be posted in a separate thread.

Jeff .... do you still use the Lodge table shown above ..?.. I'm seriously considering ordering one .... any info would be appreciated
          Jim
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Originally posted by JEBar View Post
            UPDATE :

talk about a heavy duty campfire grill,
            Bucky's sells those and other at their stations. The Bucky's near us have 120 pumps, world's longest automatic car wash and great food. You should stop and look around on your way out to Columbus.
            Ron Norton
            Katy, TX
            2016 Grand Design Reflection 317
            2012 Ram 3500 4x4 6.7 Cummins

Comment

last year we tried to stop at a Bucky's and literally couldn't find a place to park our rig .... there is no doubt that they are running a good business
              Jim
              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
              '04 Sea Pro 180DC
              '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Jeff .... do you still use the Lodge table shown above ..?.. I'm seriously considering ordering one .... any info would be appreciated
                We still have it... but rarely use it. Not because it isn't good at its purpose...
                When we're cooking w/ the dutch over... we're usually using the tripod and putting over coals from the firepit.

The table is VERY well made and VERY heavy. We keep it in the 5er's basement... but truth be told, we haven't taken it out in 3-4 years.

Even when we're with my brother (when that picture was taken), it's rare that we cook w/ two dutch ovens at the same time.

2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er

"Cram-A-Lot Inn"
                sigpic

Comment

info appreciated .... how does the finish hold up to exposure to hot coals ? .... is it prone to rusting ?.... we don't have but one Dutch Oven, might get another one sometime down the road .... what I am interested is in having a cooking surface a the right height .... I'm getting tired of cooking on the ground .... if it will work, I'd use it for our Holland Companion and propane stove as well
                  Jim
                  '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                  '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                  '17 Elio reserved

Comment

info appreciated .... how does the finish hold up to exposure to hot coals ? .... is it prone to rusting ?.... we don't have but one Dutch Oven, might get another one sometime down the road .... what I am interested is in having a cooking surface a the right height .... I'm getting tired of cooking on the ground .... if it will work, I'd use it for our Holland Companion and propane stove as well
                    Holds up extremely well. We just spray ours off with a hose whenever we've used it. It is ridiculously heavy though.

To your use case of cooking at the right height... the cons of this table outweigh the pros. The real benefit of this table to withstand direct heat and provide a wind shelter.

For a Holland and/or the propane stove... I would HIGHLY suggest a collapsible aluminum table like this one.
                    I have one of these and use it regularly for our Holland. Heat hasn't been an issue, clean up is a breeze, light as a feather, and the adjustable foot ensures a level placement. We use this table on every trip without fail... and we haven't had a part failure on it for the eight years we've owned it.

I think I could even adapt the table to use a dutch oven on it. All one would have to do is make a raised base for the coals and the oven to sit on... while allowing airflow under the bottom coals.

For two dutch ovens... the Lodge table is perfect. For cooking in windy conditions... it is perfect.
                    For the use case you've described as your primary reason for looking... there are better products.

Amazon.com : ALPS Mountaineering 8353011 Dining Table (Dining XL) : Camping Tables : Sports & Outdoors

2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er

"Cram-A-Lot Inn"
                    sigpic

Comment

valuable info, thanks for commenting .... we have used an aluminum table similar to one in the link and for the last few years we have used a fiberglass one .... both do OK with the Holland and stove but neither can handle a Dutch Oven ..... I'm not interested in packing 2 tables .... just checked and Amazon list the weight as 33.9 lbs .... the most certainly is a consideration
                      Jim
                      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...
                      X