Hickory Smoked Pork Ribs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woodrow611 View Post
    Understood. If I had a spring break, I'd be freaking out until it was fixed. You seem to take things a lot better than I would. I really hate it when things go wrong. Hopefully I will be able to be a little more relaxed when I retire.
    right now my plan is to order the parts on Monday and hopefully have it fixed by next weekend
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

I am surprised that there is not one stashed away in you basement After all rumor has it that you have enough spare parts to build another fifth wheel:sack:
      Frank and Janet Henn
      Traveling with Hoover and Rainbow the Wonder dogs and Now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer
      2008 CrossRoads Cruiser CF32BL Pushing a 2007 Dodge 2500 CDT with a six speed Automaticsigpic
      out of Brandon Mississippi

Comment

Originally posted by frank henn View Post
        I am surprised that there is not one stashed away in you basement After all rumor has it that you have enough spare parts to build another fifth wheel:sack:
        well, I do admit to seriously considering ordering a spare when I call etrailer on Monday ..
        Jim
        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Originally posted by JEBar View Post
          in the last few years we've gotten away from cooking Baby Back Ribs but yesterday I developed a craving that would not be denied .... this morning we drove to a Hy-Vee and bought a couple of racks of their in house ribs which are marketed to have more meat .... to me that's a good thing .... brought them home :

1. picture 1 ... removed the inside membrane, cut them into sections and boiled them for an hour

2. picture 2 ... seasoned with our go to TexJoy Steak Seasoning and placed on our Holland Companion fitted with an 8" Smoke Daddy

3. picture 3 ... when rain started coming down, I moved under the front of our 5er .. where I had a different view (picture 4) of our grill than I'm used to seeing .. :sack:

4. picture 5 ... ribs after 1 hr of cold smoking with hickory pellets

5. picture 6 ... ribs after 1 hr hot smoking with hickory pellets

6. picture 7 ... ribs coated with Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory and Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce and placed in foil

7. picture 8 ... ribs after being kept warm for 1 hr

8. picture 9 ... ribs served, fall off the bone tender

OUTSTANDING

we continue to refine the above process .... when hot smoking, we set our Holland Companion on its lowest heat setting .... the 1 hr boiling, 1 hr cold smoking, 1 hr hot smoking, and up to 1 hr wrapped in aluminum foil while keeping them warm has proven to be the best time schedule .... the smoked flavor doesn't get over powering and the tenderness of the ribs is outstanding .... a knife isn't needed, you can literally pull the ribs apart .... some areas don't favor "fall off the bone" tenderness and instead favor having them more "chewy" ..... that's fine we enjoy them that way as well but its not our first choice .... the combination of the TexJoy Steak seasoning and Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory Smoked sauce is the best that we have found
          Jim
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

It's been a while since there has been a discussion about which area has the best Barbeque. When I read this article, I was reminded of the Texas vs Carolina, beef vs pork discussions of the past. Well, the first link below points out the differences and chooses a winner of an intrastate BBQ rivalry. (Click on the blog link at the end of the article for more information.) The second link is the BBQ song in which the singers point out differences in BBQ around the South. As for myself, I love it almost any way it is done.

Eastern NC barbecue vs Weatern NC

THE BARBEQUE SONG

Q.
            Last edited by Qwerty; 11-20-2015, 03:24 AM.
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter. ~Winston Churchill

Comment

we are having our family over tonight for ribs as outlined below and for the few who don't eat pork ribs (don't know what I did to fail them in their upbringing ), Huli-Huli chicken .... looking forward to a good time and good food ...

Originally posted by JEBar View Post
              in the last few years we've gotten away from cooking Baby Back Ribs but yesterday I developed a craving that would not be denied .... this morning we drove to a Hy-Vee and bought a couple of racks of their in house ribs which are marketed to have more meat .... to me that's a good thing .... brought them home :

1. picture 1 ... removed the inside membrane, cut them into sections and boiled them for an hour

2. picture 2 ... seasoned with our go to TexJoy Steak Seasoning and placed on our Holland Companion fitted with an 8" Smoke Daddy

3. picture 3 ... when rain started coming down, I moved under the front of our 5er .. where I had a different view (picture 4) of our grill than I'm used to seeing .. :sack:

4. picture 5 ... ribs after 1 hr of cold smoking with hickory pellets

5. picture 6 ... ribs after 1 hr hot smoking with hickory pellets

6. picture 7 ... ribs coated with Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory and Brown Sugar BBQ Sauce and placed in foil

7. picture 8 ... ribs after being kept warm for 1 hr

8. picture 9 ... ribs served, fall off the bone tender

OUTSTANDING
              Jim
              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
              '04 Sea Pro 180DC
              '17 Elio reserved

Comment

our family gathered at our home today for and Easter Egg Hunt and smoked Baby Back Pork rigs .... I couldn't get all 7 racks of ribs in our Holland Companion so we had to use our big smoker .... they came out pretty dang good ..
                Jim
                '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...
                X