No announcement yet.

New Year's Meal Traditions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional: Baked ham, Hopping John, Collards and Sweet Potato pie.

Our Grandson and his fiancée are joining us for dinner.

I'm making Pecan Bark, new recipe. If it's worth a hoot, I'll post it.
    2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
    06 F350 Lariat PSD CC,LB,SRW, 3.73, EGR delete kit,Timbrens
    16K DrawTite, LineX
    His and Hers Ocean Kayaks, TST TPMS
    Elle and BJ

In the past:
    97 27RKFS SB
    04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

Got 2 cans of blackeyed peas and hopefully some cornbread, maybe, if the cook wakes up. Long way to go yet...
      Clif and Millie
      Mabank, TX (sorta)
      2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Duramax Diesel Dually
      2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
      2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

We made a cassoulet and will be in bed by 10.
        DZWISS
        Ford 2011 F350 6.7 PSD, Titan 50 Gal. fuel tank
        2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 27 FB
        Cavco Park Model in AZ

"Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for." Will Rogers

Comment

I have to go out to get a small head of cabbage and a can of black eyed peas this morning as my wife forgot to get them the other day. I still don't care for black eyed peas (unless I add a tablespoon of brown sugar to my serving). She's also going to make some corn bread to go with the chicken dinner.

Hopefully they first store I go to will have the beans and cabbage so I don't have to traipse all over finding them.
          Frank and Jean
          Retired Navy
          DAV Life Member
          '09 Rockwood Roo 233s
          '03 1500 Silverado LS

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you.
          It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
          The things that come to those that wait will be the scraggly crappy junk left by those that got there first.

sigpic

Comment

I grew up in SD where our traditions with food are very different from those of the South. Christmas was usually at our house with turkey and all the trimmings. New Year's was at my mom's oldest sister's where we had ham. As I grew older, I was glad of this arrangement since I never cared for my aunt's stuffing.

Comment

Success, I managed to get the cabbage and beans at the first stop. I got canned and dried beans so she can fix them however her little heart desires.
              Frank and Jean
              Retired Navy
              DAV Life Member
              '09 Rockwood Roo 233s
              '03 1500 Silverado LS

It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
              The things that come to those that wait will be the scraggly crappy junk left by those that got there first.

sigpic

Comment

wellllllll, its time to update this thread .... any changes for 2016 ?
                Jim
                '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
                '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
                '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                '17 Elio reserved

Comment

I'm going to be working night shift on New Years Day. I'm going to fix the corn bread, fried cabbage and black-eyed peas (with brown sugar) at home and with the coupon that was in the paper, stop at Popeye's Chicken and get the 8 piece box and have that for my dinner at work.
                  Frank and Jean
                  Retired Navy
                  DAV Life Member
                  '09 Rockwood Roo 233s
                  '03 1500 Silverado LS

sigpic

Comment

2018 .... the blackeyed peas have been soaking overnight, country ham, collard greens, cornbread ..... looking forward to the noon meal .... Happy New Year
                    Jim
                    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

HAPPY NEW YEAR Everyone! Here's to 2018 being a good one for us all.

Black-Eyed Peas, Cornbread, Cabbage & Ham. I cook it, but do not partake of the Cabbage.
                      Clayton & Gayle
                      2007 SB Mobile Scout/Titan 34BWKS LX, Mor/ryde Suspension & Pin Box
                      2008 F-350 SD Lariat 6.4L PSD, TorqueShift w/Tow Cmd, 3.73 LS, SRW
                      Super Cab, Long Bed, Firestone Ride-Rites & a 20k Reese Pro Hitch

Comment

I'm working until 6pm. Corn bread muffins were made last night. I cooked a Ham Steak the other day so I have left overs of that. I cut up the cabbage last night and will pan fry that when I get home. Black-Eyed Peas (yuck), are in the crockpot ready to start cooking on low at 11am.
                        Frank and Jean
                        Retired Navy
                        DAV Life Member
                        '09 Rockwood Roo 233s
                        '03 1500 Silverado LS

sigpic

Comment

At midnite we popped the top on a bottle of champagne and warmed up a can of black-eyed peas. Shared that and went back to our domino game.
                          Clif and Millie
                          Mabank, TX (sorta)
                          2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

its that time yet again ... Jan 1, 2019 .... just got up from our traditional meal .... the black-eyed peas soaked overnight, country ham, collard greens, & cornbread ..... Rose Bowl on TV .... Happy New Year to all
                            Jim
                            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Happy New Year to everyone. We had my sister join us for dinner. We had pan fried pork chops, fried cabbage, black eyed peas and cornbread.
                              Frank and Jean
                              Retired Navy
                              DAV Life Member
                              '09 Rockwood Roo 233s
                              '03 1500 Silverado LS

sigpic

Comment

Well cr*p. I forgot he blackeyed peas. I'll correct that now and hope it's good...
                                Clif and Millie
                                Mabank, TX (sorta)
                                2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

Working...
                                X