Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gasoline taxes by state

http://www.bankrate.com/finance/taxe...-by-state.aspx

That's interesting. Last summer while in St Louis I noticed the gas across the river in Illinois was 20 cent/gal higher than in Missouri but the gas tax is less than 2 cents higher in Illinois???

Also factor in Kalifornia charges 8% sales tax on gas which may put them over the top.
    Clif and Millie
    Mabank, TX (sorta)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually
    2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
    2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

Interesting reporting by the Wall Street Journal this morning on whey the gas is higher in California . The greedy oil companies get .43 cents a gallon The State gets .88 cents a gallon. Than the added chemicals bring up a lot more, and a fire at a refinery in January took out 10 percent of the capacity. What about it
      Frank and Janet Henn
      Traveling with Hoover and Rainbow the Wonder dogs and Now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer
      2008 CrossRoads Cruiser CF32BL Pushing a 2007 Dodge 2500 CDT with a six speed Automaticsigpic
      out of Brandon Mississippi

Comment

from the link in the opening post :

"People in North Carolina pay the highest in state and federal gas taxes, at 57.55 cents per gallon."

:help:
        Jim
        '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
        '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Rhode Island

Where our .33 cents p/gallon has been going is not much of a mystery to most Rhode Islanders - (General Fund) not the highway fund that it was designated for. So now with all our bridges on the edge of failure they are talking about putting tolls on commercial trailer trucks that travel throughout the state using gantries with sensors and billing the license plate owner.
          Definitely a slippery slope - on the island we went through this with a toll that was put on the new bridge that took the place of one that was falling down. The local islanders and politicians fought it and it went away, but here we are talking about them again.

Can't fix roadways and bridges without money so it's either higher taxes or tolls.
          Westwind
          Rhode Island
          2015 GMC Sierra 3500 D/A CC, Short Bed, Iridium
          2008 GMC D/A Xtended Cab, Short Bed, Stealth Grey
          Hensley TrailSaver BD3 Hitch
          2012 Heartland Bighorn 3070TL
          2002 Sunnybrook, 26FK (sold but not Forgotten)
          Hensley Arrow (Swapped for a BD3)
          sigpic

Comment

There is not a great difference in SC, NC and GA. gas taxes to account for the wide variety of prices you see between and in the states.

In SC the diesel comes into our port at Charleston, where we have the highest fuel prices. As you travel inland they are lower and lower. I can find low prices in Charleston but have to do some searching. Upstate the price is way lower than the lowest here.
            Last edited by norty; 07-25-2015, 01:09 AM.
            2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
            06 F350 Lariat PSD CC,LB,SRW, 3.73, EGR delete kit,Timbrens
            16K DrawTite, LineX
            His and Hers Ocean Kayaks, TST TPMS
            Elle and BJ

In the past:
            97 27RKFS SB
            04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

It appears to me gasoline and diesel pricing is a game played by the retailers. I have 3 Walmart/Murphys within 15 mi of my house in 3 different directions. The price difference in diesel is over 20 cents/gal between the 3.

Within a 30 mi circle the prices range from 2.79 to 2.11/gal. Murphy ranges from 2.11 to 2.64. Figure that out. And it all comes from the same fuel distribution center in Sulphur Springs.
              Clif and Millie
              Mabank, TX (sorta)
              2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually
              2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
              2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

Right now, locally, WM is at $2.18, but Sams is at $2.38...2 miles apart. HEB $2.18, but Kroger $2.29.
                Seems to me we all think 'collusion' when they are all the same, then wonder about it when they are different?
                Joe
                '05 36 TK3 Mobiles Suites
                '09 F450 4x4--put out to pasture
                '10 F450 4x4--new to me
                First wife, back to 3 Yorkies
                Livin to go campin
                In the past: SB 26FK; 30FKS

Comment

9-3-15 .... a couple of hours ago we filled our Chevy Silverado for $1.989 at the Sheetz located at the I-40 exit for HWY 42 .... we've had this truck since late December of 2011 and that by one cent is the cheapest gas we have ever put in the truck .... the amazing thing is, we bought it in NC .... thought for a moment I must have messed up and crossed out of state but was brought back into the real world a few miles down the road where the posted price was $2.399 ..
                  Jim
                  '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
                  '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
                  '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                  '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                  '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Diesel $1.95 at Kroger--$2.02 at Sams and WM. Don't keep track of unleaded, but it is hovering around $2.05.
                    '05 36 TK3 Mobiles Suites
                    '09 F450 4x4--put out to pasture
                    '10 F450 4x4--new to me
                    First wife, back to 3 Yorkies
                    Livin to go campin
                    In the past: SB 26FK; 30FKS

Comment

Diesel is $2.419 in Divide, CO.

Russell
                      Dallas, Texas
                      Russell
                      '13 Excel Winslow 34IKE