RV Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RV Insurance

as many of our members know our 5er recently suffered considerable damage from an electrical failure .... based on a recommendation from the owner of the dealership where I used to work, back in '02, we insured our first camper National Interstate .... just to make it clear, our only relationship with this company is one who has paid them premiums for 14 +/- years and have just completed our first claim .... we have learned that they are one of largest insurers for RV's .... we are happy to say that their support in resolving our claim has been exceptional .... they have basically asked how we wanted to handle each issue (example washer replacement) .... we told them, they authorized us to have it done and they have paid for it .... based on our experience, we can highly recommend them
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Now that is a REAL endorsement.
    '05 36 TK3 Mobiles Suites
    '09 F450 4x4--put out to pasture
    '10 F450 4x4--new to me
    First wife, back to 3 Yorkies
    Livin to go campin
    In the past: SB 26FK; 30FKS

Comment

I looked on their website, only one agent in sc and one in nc. Do you deal with them over the phone?
      2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
      06 F350 Lariat PSD CC,LB,SRW, 3.73, EGR delete kit,Timbrens
      16K DrawTite, LineX
      His and Hers Ocean Kayaks, TST TPMS
      Elle and BJ

In the past:
      97 27RKFS SB
      04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

Jim,

I self insure and only buy insurance that is required by law. If I had your luck I might change my mind. So this brings up my question.

If over the last 14 years you had put your insurance premium in an empty shoe box would that box be empty today or still have a few bucks in it?
        2016 Jayco Pinnacle 36 RBTS
        2016 F350 DRW, Lariat
        B and W Companion hitch

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox, Silken Lines and Silver Hooks, 1954

Comment

good question .... until this year, self insuring has never been an economic option for us .... it works well for folks who don't make a mistake and have a major claim .... as to the shoe box, after this claim the box would have a little left in it but not much
          Jim
          '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
          '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Originally posted by JEBar View Post
            good question .... until this year, self insuring has never been an economic option for us .... it works well for folks who don't make a mistake and have a major claim .... as to the shoe box, after this claim the box would have a little left in it but not much
            Thanks. I do understand it's a blessing to have the option and I thank God for it.

I am currently thinking about breaking my rule and buying the extended coverage for my truck. If I do it I sure hope something major breaks before it runs out.
            2016 F350 DRW, Lariat
            B and W Companion hitch

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox, Silken Lines and Silver Hooks, 1954

Comment

Originally posted by eldermike View Post
              Jim,

I self insure and only buy insurance that is required by law. If I had your luck I might change my mind. So this brings up my question.

If over the last 14 years you had put your insurance premium in an empty shoe box would that box be empty today or still have a few bucks in it?
              So both your camper and your truck are self insured for their demise? Do you carry the state-minimum liability limit on the car insurance?
              2006 Ford E-350 V-10, 4.10, Roadmaster Active Suspension, Maxbrake Controller
              2013 Jayco Eagle 324-BTS, 36 Ft, 925 Tongue Weight, 8,000lbs, Henley Hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Clevelandjim View Post
                So both your camper and your truck are self insured for their demise? Do you carry the state-minimum liability limit on the car insurance?
                I carry a bit more on liability. But zero collision. That would be my fault, my problem.

This is not new for me. I never saw the benefit in giving someone my money so they could give me some of it back if I needed it.
                2016 F350 DRW, Lariat
                B and W Companion hitch

Comment

My shoebox had to move into a bank vault due to size.....
                  Clif and Millie
                  Mabank, TX (sorta)
                  2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually
                  2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
                  2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

This is not new for me. I never saw the benefit in giving someone my money so they could give me some of it back if I needed it.
                    I respect that. At least where I live with a huge percentage of uninsured drivers on the road, it would be a tough choice not insuring a $7,500+ vehicle or RV for collision. I had a car totaled by a deer where I collected on Comprehensive too. Of course, the damn deer was uninsured too.

Comment

I respect that. At least where I live with a huge percentage of uninsured drivers on the road, it would be a tough choice not insuring a $7,500+ vehicle or RV for collision. I had a car totaled by a deer where I collected on Comprehensive too. Of course, the damn deer was uninsured too.
                      This has been a hard sell in the house. My wife comes from a different side of things and she likes the feeling of being insured. So we have this 40 plus year long discussion on a regular basis. I have to keep close watch not to buy insurance on a printer or a TV or a cell phone...and sometimes I don't win the argument.

Like I said, I am thinking about the extended warranty on my truck......but it goes against my principles so I am thinking on the idea and not acting on it as of yet.
                      2016 F350 DRW, Lariat
                      B and W Companion hitch

Comment

Like I said, I am thinking about the extended warranty on my truck......but it goes against my principles so I am thinking on the idea and not acting on it as of yet.
                        I would consider the extended warranty on the truck as the extra cost of owning a diesel. I have no idea why anyone would buy one on a gas truck.

Comment

Vehicle Electronics

I purchased an extended warranty on my 2015 GMC, that was the first time in my life - but vehicle's have become an electronic nightmare. They say that the computer will tell you whats wrong and it's and easy fix. Yes, but no one told you the per/hour cost of fixing it due the high overhead on the dealership garage. Repairs can be an expensive nightmare.
                          Westwind
                          Rhode Island
                          2015 GMC Sierra 3500 D/A CC, Short Bed, Iridium
                          2008 GMC D/A Xtended Cab, Short Bed, Stealth Grey
                          Hensley TrailSaver BD3 Hitch
                          2012 Heartland Bighorn 3070TL
                          2002 Sunnybrook, 26FK (sold but not Forgotten)
                          Hensley Arrow (Swapped for a BD3)
                          sigpic

Comment

I would consider the extended warranty on the truck as the extra cost of owning a diesel. I have no idea why anyone would buy one on a gas truck.
                            Read the fine print the diesel has a 5 yr 100,000 mile warranty on the engine. 60k on the power train and 3/36k on everything. It's not the engine I'm worried about it's the electronics and they are the same.
                            Clif and Millie
                            Mabank, TX (sorta)
                            2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually
                            2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
                            2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

Originally posted by avvidclif View Post
                              Read the fine print the diesel has a 5 yr 100,000 mile warranty on the engine. 60k on the power train and 3/36k on everything. It's not the engine I'm worried about it's the electronics and they are the same.
                              Yep, I will read it over and over.
                              2016 F350 DRW, Lariat
                              B and W Companion hitch

Comment

Working...
                              X