No announcement yet.

RV Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE : we've been notified that National Interstate is getting out of the RV insurance market .... we've been with them since '02 and have had one claim .... it was a dandy .... we are now forced into a position where we have a couple of weeks to find new coverage .... where our former policy contained a commitment to full replacement coverage, no such provision will be possible with one issued now .... the one large claim mentioned above ate up a good chunk of the premiums we paid over the years so we did get a good bit of money back ....
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Originally posted by JEBar View Post
      UPDATE : we've been notified that National Interstate is getting out of the RV insurance market ....the one large claim mentioned above ate up a good chunk of the premiums we paid over the years so we did get a good bit of money back ....
      One could look at this as you're the guy that broke National Interstate from insuring RVs. Sounds a lot like the luck I have.

Clayton & Gayle
      2007 SB Mobile Scout/Titan 34BWKS LX, Mor/ryde Suspension & Pin Box
      2008 F-350 SD Lariat 6.4L PSD, TorqueShift w/Tow Cmd, 3.73 LS, SRW
      Super Cab, Long Bed, Firestone Ride-Rites & a 20k Reese Pro Hitch

Comment

a good bit but certainly not all .... they made money on our coverage .... received a quote from the same agency who we were with and have the agent who handles the rest of our insurance working up another .... the good news is, the cost of coverage from here on will be cut in about half .... the bad news is, if we were to have another major claim, what we get will be considerably less
        Jim
        '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
        '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Originally posted by eldermike View Post

Thanks. I do understand it's a blessing to have the option and I thank God for it.

I am currently thinking about breaking my rule and buying the extended coverage for my truck. If I do it I sure hope something major breaks before it runs out.
          I hope you don't have the same wish for your life insurance! LOL
          2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
          06 F350 Lariat PSD CC,LB,SRW, 3.73, EGR delete kit,Timbrens
          16K DrawTite, LineX
          His and Hers Ocean Kayaks, TST TPMS
          Elle and BJ

In the past:
          97 27RKFS SB
          04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

I have an extended on our truck - got it for the electronics which only had 3 yr/36000 miles. Our new adventure is getting insurance on our FW which will be staying in Florida on our leased lot. It will be hurricane strapped but still mobile, release the straps. I currently have GEICO, had Good Sam but after my accident, they tried sticking it to me, the policy went up 100 percent, the trailer will more than likely end up on a separate policy but I'm sure it will be a learning experience.
            Westwind
            Rhode Island
            2015 GMC Sierra 3500 D/A CC, Short Bed, Iridium
            2008 GMC D/A Xtended Cab, Short Bed, Stealth Grey
            Hensley TrailSaver BD3 Hitch
            2012 Heartland Bighorn 3070TL
            2002 Sunnybrook, 26FK (sold but not Forgotten)
            Hensley Arrow (Swapped for a BD3)
            sigpic

Comment

Insurance companies don't like non mobile units, The unit we had in Ga was insured by Foremost and it also covered Liability which agents will tell you is covered by Homeowners Policy but no one would put that in writing.
              Ed & Maxine Thompson

Comment

Working...
              X