Senior Pass Cost Increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senior Pass Cost Increase

several years ago we purchased a Federal Senior Pass and have used it several times .... per their website ===> https://www.doi.gov/tourists/get-a-pass <=== The Senior Pass covers lifetime admittance to public lands for anyone 62 years or older. Starting on August 28, 2017, the lifetime Senior Pass will increase to $80. Until then, you can purchase the Senior Pass for $10 at any federal recreation site that charges an entrance or standard amenity (day use) fee, or on line .... anyone who qualifies and hasn't purchased a Senior Pass might want to do so before the increase goes into effect
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Got mine.....
    Clif and Millie
    Mabank, TX (sorta)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually
    2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
    2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

Wow, just a small percentile increase, huh ? We have been talking about buying one now that we are "Airstreaming". I think you just made my mind up that I need to get over to the Federal park, here in St. Augustine in the next week or so. Thanks for the head's up.

Comment

I just noticed on the official site that all passes will now limit the total number of adults to four. The back of my Golden Age Passport says "...signee and accompanying passengers in in a single private, noncommercial vehicle..."

I think I will refuse if a Ranger wants to issue a new pass in exchange for my current one!

I purchased annual passes for over forty years along with a lot of back country camping permits. Therefore, I feel that if I were to decide to take my daughter, 2 sons and Grandson (all adults) for a ride over Trail Ridge, I'm not going to pay a full entry fee for one person.

John
        LaPorte, Colorado
        2003 F250 Superduty 6.0 Diesel, Auto - 2004 Sunnybrook Solanta 2816 - 2004 Brakesmart - 2006 Hensley Arrow

To be Old and Wise, You Must First be Young and Stupid!

Don't do something permanently stupid just because you're temporarily upset!

Comment

interesting .... hopefully the first one of us to use our pass will be able to get a clarification and report back
          Jim
          '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
          '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

We used our Senior Pass 2 years ago at several national parks between Texas and Grand Canyon. Some passed everyone in the truck in on my pass and others limited us to 4 per pass. We had our son and another couple with us. The other couple also had a pass, so we always got in without payment.
            Ron Norton
            Katy, TX
            2012 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40QBP
            2017 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited

Comment

Working...
            X