No announcement yet.

IRS and Taxes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW: If you want to check the status of your refund, this IRS tool will do it for you:

https://sa.www4.irs.gov/irfof/lang/e...fgetstatus.jsp
    wiredgeorge Mico TX
    1996 F250 7.5L 2002 Keystone Cougar 278EFS

Comment

Originally posted by JEBar View Post

that may be the issue for us .... we have extra withheld by the Feds .... what I thought might happen is they would go by the new table and add the extra to it .... we will give it a couple of months and see how it goes
      On ours they went by the new table and added the extra we had coming out added to the new numbers. I have mine ready to go except for 1 deadbeat. Then I'll be in line.
      Last edited by avvidclif; 02-05-2019, 01:16 AM.
      Clif and Millie
      Mabank, TX (sorta)
      2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually
      2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
      2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

our e-filed federal tax form was submitted late on Friday, Feb 1st .... our refund was in our account on the morning of Saturday, Feb 9th ..... basically a 1 week turnaround .... that is pretty much the same as last year
        Jim
        '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
        '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Years ago we got audited.... It was our fault, I tried to do our taxes like always online but we had added income from our beach house we were renting out. I thought I had filled it out correctly. Turns out I didn't. So now we always pay to have them done. I was in a panic this year b/c they took less out of our checks then they had years past. And I was in a huge panic for Cole b/c he made almost 55,000 and only paid in about 2000 and had $5000 in over time. He ended up owing but not like I expected. He has to pay them $200. We got back more this year then last year. Which shocks me. Greatly. I'm not going to say I understand any of it, but our guy said that this year bumped us just enough to pay less then years past.
          08 sunny brook sunset creek 341SRD -sold after several years of amazing memories
          2014 Open Range 397fbs. For the next stage of camping.
          2008 Ford F-450 King Ranch.
          hoping to make memories that last a lifetime, and shared over the campfire.

Comment

As I recall... during the last presidential election, our current prez mentioned a taxpayer would be able to fill out a tax form the size of a postcard... taxes would be sooooo simple. Taxes seem more complicated every year anyway.
            wiredgeorge Mico TX
            1996 F250 7.5L 2002 Keystone Cougar 278EFS

Comment

My BIL and his girlfriend came over last Sat and used my computer to do their taxes. She messaged me yesterday she had her refund, his hasn't shown up yet.
              Clif and Millie
              Mabank, TX (sorta)
              2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually
              2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
              2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

Working...
              X