PayPal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PayPal

comments from folks who have used PayPal or chosen not to use PayPal would be appreciated .... how secure is the credit card and other info you give then
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

I've always had good luck with PayPal (used it for about 10 years or so). I would imagine it's as secure as any of these other sites that keep track of your card(s). Also, I had an issue once with a package not coming from an ebay purchase, and PayPal refunded my money because I'd kept all my emails where I tried to contact the seller and s/he didn't respond.

I'm sure there are people with horror stories to tell, but I'm not one of them.

Z
    Dan & Zerelda Hammer
    Pensacola, FL
    SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
    2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

Comment

I have an account that I use for purchasing using a CC. In many ways it simplifies things. I do not have a "full" account as they want access to your checking account for that. The only time a full account is needed is if you are selling stuff or people want to send you money and it goes into your PP account. Then you can transfer money from the PP account to your banking account. But it also works 2 ways. A dis-satisfied customer can file a complaint and they can issue a refund, going to your bank account, if needed, for the refund. I've heard it can happen before you are aware of it. For that reason I do not accept PP as payment. I refuse to give them access to my bank account.

I've never had an issue with CC security with them.
      Clif and Millie
      Mabank, TX (sorta)
      2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Duramax Diesel Dually
      2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler

Comment

Have used PP for years. No problems so far.
        Ron Norton
        Katy, TX
        2016 Grand Design Reflection 317
        2012 Ram 3500 4x4 6.7 Cummins

Comment

I use it with a CC I also have an account that I was tricked in to opening. It was a nightmare trying to find the account number and a place to send the money
          Frank and Janet Henn
          Traveling with Hoover and Rainbow the Wonder dogs and Now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer
          2008 CrossRoads Cruiser CF32BL Pushing a 2007 Dodge 2500 CDT with a six speed Automaticsigpic
          out of Brandon Mississippi

Comment

info sincerely appreciated .... I have no desire to give them access to our bank accounts ... my concern was/is then having my main card info on file ... it seems logical to me that PayPal would be a prime target for hackers .... good to hear that they seem to have a robust defensive system
            Jim
            '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
            '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

I have a limited CC I use for them and any thing I order on line has a limit of 1000.00. They keep wanting to boost it but I trun it down
              Frank and Janet Henn
              Traveling with Hoover and Rainbow the Wonder dogs and Now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer
              2008 CrossRoads Cruiser CF32BL Pushing a 2007 Dodge 2500 CDT with a six speed Automaticsigpic
              out of Brandon Mississippi

Comment

I've used PayPal since it started. I have NEVER had issue one with them.
                If an online retailer ever offers PayPal as an option... or direct input of my credit card onto their own website... I will choose PayPal every time.
                Jeff, Julie, Cameron, & Taylor Lockhart - Wauconda, IL

2012 F-250 FX4 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat
                2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er

"Cram-A-Lot Inn"
                sigpic

Visit our family online - www.thelockharts.com
                Find us / "friend" us on social websites - Facebook

Comment

Have had a PP account for years with no problems.
                  My friends call me Woody (among other things)
                  My DW's name is Cindy
                  2007 Sunnybrook Brookside 301 RBS
                  2008 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD LTZ dually D/A
                  sigpic

Comment

I've had my account with them for a loon time. Definitely versatile and handy to have. Never heard of anyone with a breach in their security. The account is linked to a C/C for Purchases and to my Bank Account for the odd time I sell something and can then transfer that cash to the bank. Have a small balance in it now.
                    Clayton & Gayle
                    2007 SB Mobile Scout/Titan 34BWKS LX, Mor/ryde Suspension & Pin Box
                    2008 F-350 SD Lariat 6.4L PSD, TorqueShift w/Tow Cmd, 3.73 LS, SRW
                    Super Cab, Long Bed, Firestone Ride-Rites & a 20k Reese Pro Hitch

Comment

I just did business with a tree trimming outfit. He told me he was leaving them due to a 2.7% part of every deposit going for their fees.
                      2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
                      06 F350 Lariat PSD CC,LB,SRW, 3.73, EGR delete kit,Timbrens
                      16K DrawTite, LineX
                      His and Hers Ocean Kayaks, TST TPMS
                      Elle and BJ

In the past:
                      97 27RKFS SB
                      04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by norty View Post
                        I just did business with a tree trimming outfit. He told me he was leaving them due to a 2.7% part of every deposit going for their fees.
                        A lot of businesses do this. Most people just don't know it because the cost is built in to the price. That's why the cash price is sometimes lower. The campground in Cullman does that, too. So she let me write a check.
                        Z
                        Dan & Zerelda Hammer
                        Pensacola, FL
                        SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
                        2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

Comment

I use it with my other bank account. They could take it all and it wouldn't hurt to much.
                          Not sure I would use a CC.
                          They did let me receive $ from someone who owed me $
                          It works very well for me.
                          Haven't checked out all that can be done with it yet, but don't expect any problems with it.
                          Lee
                          Lee & Mamie http://www.youtube.com/v/4FrGxO2Fn_Msigpic
                          Buy American, The Job You Save May Be Your Own
                          04 - 2500 Chevy CC Silverado - D/A
                          07 - Tahoe LTZ w/tow package,
                          16K Pullrite Super Slide
                          2006 Excel 30RSO
                          All Made In the U.S.A.

Comment

Originally posted by norty View Post
                            No different than a credit card fee. At the bakery Julie owns... we pay a 2% processing fee for any MC or VISA charge, 2.75% for Discover, and 3% for AmEx.
                            Jeff, Julie, Cameron, & Taylor Lockhart - Wauconda, IL

2012 F-250 FX4 6.7 Powerstroke Diesel Lariat
                            2011 Jayco 365BHS 5'er

"Cram-A-Lot Inn"
                            sigpic

Visit our family online - www.thelockharts.com
                            Find us / "friend" us on social websites - Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post

No different than a credit card fee. At the bakery Julie owns... we pay a 2% processing fee for any MC or VISA charge, 2.75% for Discover, and 3% for AmEx.
                              We had the same observations with my business. Just another cost of doing business.

Many are not aware that the business is paying a premium for their payment for goods or services.
                              Russell
                              '13 Excel Winslow 34IKE
                              '16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
                              Previous RV's: '03 MobileScout Titan 29DBS;
                              '01 Sunnybrook 2708 SLE; '99 Coleman Utah

Comment

Working...
                              X