Quilts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MGBar View Post
    If there are any quilt shows around, Kaye needs to enter. Hers are outstanding.
    I second that! Fantastic!
    Z
    Dan & Zerelda Hammer
    Pensacola, FL
    SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
    2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

Comment

Quilted Christmas Tree Skirt

This is the Christmas tree skirt I made for my daughter. With only one minor problem (and I did learn from it), I thought it turned out pretty well.

Zerelda
      Attached Files
      Dan & Zerelda Hammer
      Pensacola, FL
      SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
      2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

Comment

That's beautiful. Kaye told me that all quilts should contain one mistake because perfection is reserved for God. It's a humility mark.
        2016 Jayco Pinnacle 36 RBTS
        2016 F350 DRW, Lariat
        B and W Companion hitch

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox, Silken Lines and Silver Hooks, 1954

Comment

Here is the one that Kaye is finishing up on, I think it's a Christmas quilt.
          Attached Files
          2016 F350 DRW, Lariat
          B and W Companion hitch

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox, Silken Lines and Silver Hooks, 1954

Comment

Good Thought

Originally posted by eldermike View Post
            That's beautiful. Kaye told me that all quilts should contain one mistake because perfection is reserved for God. It's a humility mark.
            That is a good point.

I have an entire lap quilt that I titled Humility. The whole thing just turned into a comedy of errors, ending with a quilter who failed to tell me that she wasn't comfortable with free motion quilting. Needless to say, I now mail all my big quilts to my original quilter who now lives in the KC area.

Zerelda
            Dan & Zerelda Hammer
            Pensacola, FL
            SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
            2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

Comment

Originally posted by eldermike View Post
              Here is the one that Kaye is finishing up on, I think it's a Christmas quilt.
              She really needs to enter her quilts into a show. She does such beautiful work. And it doesn't hurt that I love cardinals.

Z
              Dan & Zerelda Hammer
              Pensacola, FL
              SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
              2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

Comment

Originally posted by rvduo View Post
                She really needs to enter her quilts into a show. She does such beautiful work. And it doesn't hurt that I love cardinals.

Z
                She drove up to the sewing and quilting expo in Fredricksburg Va this morning. It's about 3 hours from home. I suspect she will be involved in some way in quilt shows soon.
                2016 F350 DRW, Lariat
                B and W Companion hitch

Comment

It's finished
                  Attached Files
                  2016 F350 DRW, Lariat
                  B and W Companion hitch

Comment

Just gorgeous!
                    Z
                    Dan & Zerelda Hammer
                    Pensacola, FL
                    SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
                    2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

Comment

Here is a top she is working on, it's not finished yet but I had to take a few pictures of the progress.
                      Attached Files
                      2016 F350 DRW, Lariat
                      B and W Companion hitch

Comment

That cardinal quilt is truly gorgeous and the new project is as well. I think she is most talented lady!

Comment

That is just too cool! Love the colors.
                          Dan & Zerelda Hammer
                          Pensacola, FL
                          SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
                          2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

Comment

Kaye finished 4 major quilt projects this last year along with a bunch of smaller ones. She waits to longarm until she has a pile of tops finished. This is where I get involved because the longarm machine adjustments have become my job. I don't run it but I keep it running. The last quilt is on the long arm frame and the machine is skipping stitches. So I have to find that one piece of lint that is preventing what should have never worked to begin with from almost working. Mechanical bad dream made into a partially functioning money pit machine with an actual almost human temperament and has to be talked to with a steady but not too firm a tone. Never cuss it, never.

But here are a few of the results.
                            Attached Files
                            2016 F350 DRW, Lariat
                            B and W Companion hitch

Comment

WOW! Those are fantastic! I can only dream of doing something that nice.
                              Z
                              Dan & Zerelda Hammer
                              Pensacola, FL
                              SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
                              2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

Comment

Thanks, here is her last one of 2016 after I worked 2 days on the long arm machine to finally find that I had to remove the last update to the machine.
                                Attached Files
                                2016 F350 DRW, Lariat
                                B and W Companion hitch

Comment

Working...
                                X