Quilts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eldermike View Post
    Thanks, here is her last one of 2016 after I worked 2 days on the long arm machine to finally find that I had to remove the last update to the machine.
    Wow!
    Z
    Dan & Zerelda Hammer
    Pensacola, FL
    SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
    2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

Comment

Three Quilt Tops

I have finished three quilt tops this year, and I've started one for our bed. The scrappy-looking one is for a long-time friend who likes old-tyme things. It has been sent off for quilting now, and I'll be giving it to her this summer when we see her.

The one with the pinwheels is for a granddaughter who graduates from high school next year. It's ready to be quilted, but I'll wait to send it off when I get the other back. The gradual changing in the colors is hard to see because of the angle at which the picture is taken.

The one with the music theme seems quite simple, but the quilting is what will make this quilt special. It's for our other granddaughter who also graduates next year. I'll send it off with the other to be quilted.

The small sample is just to show the block & colors of the quilt I'm working on for our bed. I have all of the stars and four-patches done, but I need a day to work at a friend's to lay out the blocks. Then I can start stitching again. In the meantime, I've already started another quilt for our third granddaughter's graduation, to be finished in two years.

Zerelda
      Attached Files
      Dan & Zerelda Hammer
      Pensacola, FL
      SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
      2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

Comment

Beautiful work
        2016 Jayco Pinnacle 36 RBTS
        2016 F350 DRW, Lariat
        B and W Companion hitch

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox, Silken Lines and Silver Hooks, 1954

Comment

Originally posted by eldermike View Post
          Beautiful work
          Agree!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
          Russell
          '13 Excel Winslow 34IKE
          '16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
          Previous RV's: '03 MobileScout Titan 29DBS;
          '01 Sunnybrook 2708 SLE; '99 Coleman Utah

Comment

I am back to checking out the forum and found one of my favorite spots. I did a jelly roll using precut strips. I used the order that they had the strips in and have decided I do better cutting my own and picking my own stuff. As a result I made two little ones out of that stuff because the colors they had did not all work well together.

Comment

Originally posted by MGBar View Post
              I am back to checking out the forum and found one of my favorite spots. I did a jelly roll using precut strips. I used the order that they had the strips in and have decided I do better cutting my own and picking my own stuff. As a result I made two little ones out of that stuff because the colors they had did not all work well together.
              I also prefer choosing and cutting my own fabrics. In fact, many times, I find that my 2 1/2" strips are more accurately cut than the precuts, which have a tendency to be curved near the center of the strip. I bought a pack of charms last year, too that weren't 5"; one side was 4 3/4". So for that particular project, the pack was useless. I'll eventually find a use for them though.

Have you seen any of Kim Brackett's strip quilting books? The directions are also given if you want to choose your own fabrics (rather than precuts), which is nice.

I have the shoo-fly quilt back from my quilter, and I can't wait to get it bound (and picture of it finished here). She did a fantastic job.

I envy your being so close to that quilt shop in Fayetteville! We have a nice quilt shop here, but not as good at the one there in NC.

Zerelda
              Dan & Zerelda Hammer
              Pensacola, FL
              SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
              2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

Comment

It is a gloomy chilly day here so plan to cut more strips and start on a quilt top today. I have a different idea for this one; I hope it works out okay. I have a daughter-in-law, a niece and a niece-in-law all having babies in the next 5 months so I have to get busy. I am knitting a blanket for one of the boys (we are getting 2 boys and a girl, this will make 7 new babies on my side of the family in the last year!) As I get closer to having stuff ready to photograph, I will post pictures.

Comment

You are going to be busy, Maureen!
                  Dan & Zerelda Hammer
                  Pensacola, FL
                  SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
                  2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

Comment

And I thought you retired.
                    Lee & Mamie http://www.youtube.com/v/4FrGxO2Fn_Msigpic
                    Buy American, The Job You Save May Be Your Own
                    04 - 2500 Chevy CC Silverado - D/A
                    07 - Tahoe LTZ w/tow package,
                    16K Pullrite Super Slide
                    2006 Excel 30RSO
                    All Made In the U.S.A.

Comment

I will finish the embroidery for one of the boy quilts tonight or tomorrow. My plan is to get most of the work done on all these little ones done before we head out again. The sewing machine will go along as I can always find something to work on there. I have more projects than I have time to do!

Comment

I have finished one of the 6 baby quilts that I am working on. The embroidered central block has a modified "jelly roll" around it.

Comment

Another one done--this one is a little different

Comment

I put together one of the little quilts last night. I did the top in Texas so I had to put the rest of it with it. I have 3 more to finish and hope to get one more done today while Jim is at MagnaPort. I may offer them to family in MN and SD; those that aren't picked our new grandson will get. I will post pictures later.

Comment

I did 2 quilts today; one to do tomorrow and then I will take some pictures. I enjoy having my sewing machine with me.

Comment

I finished a quilt for one of my niece's new daughter. I did it from a pack of blocks I bought so it can be used on either side. It is the size for putting on the floor and such. I don't do big crib sizes. My niece likes grey so I put a little of that in there but I think the teal did better.

Comment

Working...
                                X