Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGBar
    replied
    I finished a little quilt (for the car seat or as a changing pad) for one of my niece's new daughter. I think it turned out rather cute.

Leave a comment:

• MGBar
    replied
    I have no quilts in mind right now to do while we are in Texas but today I redid some pot holders and made a couple of sleeve bags for grocery bags. My girls love them and have several. I made a new one for the kitchen at home and one for the bedroom of the camper. They are much neater than just filling a grocery bag.

Leave a comment:

• rvduo
    replied
    Finally also put this one on our bed this week after two years of work. This was taken a couple of weeks ago when I trimmed the excess off to prepare for the binding.
    Z

Leave a comment:

• rvduo
    replied
    Here's a quilt I made recently for someone special in life. The lighting is a bit strange, but I didn't have room to get a good picture inside.
    Z

Leave a comment:

• rvduo
    replied
    Very nice, Maureen! I've got two done that I should post.
    Z

Leave a comment:

• MGBar
    replied
    I finished a quilt for one of my niece's new daughter. I did it from a pack of blocks I bought so it can be used on either side. It is the size for putting on the floor and such. I don't do big crib sizes. My niece likes grey so I put a little of that in there but I think the teal did better.

Leave a comment:

• MGBar
    replied
    I did 2 quilts today; one to do tomorrow and then I will take some pictures. I enjoy having my sewing machine with me.

Leave a comment:

• MGBar
    replied
    I put together one of the little quilts last night. I did the top in Texas so I had to put the rest of it with it. I have 3 more to finish and hope to get one more done today while Jim is at MagnaPort. I may offer them to family in MN and SD; those that aren't picked our new grandson will get. I will post pictures later.

Leave a comment:

• MGBar
    replied
    Another one done--this one is a little different

Leave a comment:

• MGBar
    replied
    I have finished one of the 6 baby quilts that I am working on. The embroidered central block has a modified "jelly roll" around it.

Leave a comment:

• MGBar
    replied
    I will finish the embroidery for one of the boy quilts tonight or tomorrow. My plan is to get most of the work done on all these little ones done before we head out again. The sewing machine will go along as I can always find something to work on there. I have more projects than I have time to do!

Leave a comment:

• staggerlee
    replied
    And I thought you retired.

Leave a comment:

• rvduo
    replied
    You are going to be busy, Maureen!

Leave a comment:

• MGBar
    replied
    It is a gloomy chilly day here so plan to cut more strips and start on a quilt top today. I have a different idea for this one; I hope it works out okay. I have a daughter-in-law, a niece and a niece-in-law all having babies in the next 5 months so I have to get busy. I am knitting a blanket for one of the boys (we are getting 2 boys and a girl, this will make 7 new babies on my side of the family in the last year!) As I get closer to having stuff ready to photograph, I will post pictures.

Leave a comment:

• rvduo
    replied
    Originally posted by MGBar View Post
    I am back to checking out the forum and found one of my favorite spots. I did a jelly roll using precut strips. I used the order that they had the strips in and have decided I do better cutting my own and picking my own stuff. As a result I made two little ones out of that stuff because the colors they had did not all work well together.
    I also prefer choosing and cutting my own fabrics. In fact, many times, I find that my 2 1/2" strips are more accurately cut than the precuts, which have a tendency to be curved near the center of the strip. I bought a pack of charms last year, too that weren't 5"; one side was 4 3/4". So for that particular project, the pack was useless. I'll eventually find a use for them though.

Have you seen any of Kim Brackett's strip quilting books? The directions are also given if you want to choose your own fabrics (rather than precuts), which is nice.

I have the shoo-fly quilt back from my quilter, and I can't wait to get it bound (and picture of it finished here). She did a fantastic job.

I envy your being so close to that quilt shop in Fayetteville! We have a nice quilt shop here, but not as good at the one there in NC.

Zerelda

Leave a comment:

Working...
X