Air Hogs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Hogs

a few years back while we were camped at Lake Conroe in Texas, I watched a fellow running a fairly good size, wireless remote controlled 4-wheel dune buggy type vehicle on a large field ..... that sucker was fast and on the unlevel field took impressive jumps .... I also remember that several times during the 3 weeks we were there, he had to repair it after it took some of those jumps .... I hadn't much thought about again until looking for a Christmas Gift for our 9 year old grandson .... full disclosure, my shopping is done on the web, much of it from Amazon, Cabela's, or Bass Pro .... until one of their Robo Trax All Terrain Tank, RC Vehicle with Robot Transformation caught my eye, I'd never heard of Air Hogs .... with 82% of the folks who have rated it giving it 4 or 5 stars .... our grandson is really into transformers so we have no doubt he will enjoy that feature .... with the area around his home where he will run it, high speed isn't important .... I must admit I'm looking forward to seeing his reaction Christmas morning ..
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

You don't get to try it out. He might not find it under the tree if you do!!!
    Clif and Millie
    Mabank, TX (sorta)
    2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC
    2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler

Comment

too late .... UPS delivered it today .... I unpacked it, charged it up, put good batteries in the controller and felt it was my duty to make sure it works .... happy to say that it does .... Maureen made me pack it back up, its wrapped and under the tree ,,
      Jim
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Way to go Maureen......
        Clif and Millie
        Mabank, TX (sorta)
        2009 Ford Lariat F350 SRW CC
        2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler

Comment

Toys are for big boys too!

I picked up Traxxas TRX-4 from my local hobby shop this fall. It is a 1/10 scale crawler / trail rig with a Land Rover Defender body. It has full time four wheel drive with portal axles for extra ground clearance and features locking front and rear differentials and a two-speed transmission - all operated from the transmitter.

I added lights too. Head, tail, running, brake and reverse.

It's a blast to play with. I really need to take it out in the snow.

2012 Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2701SS > ProPride 3P 1400 > 2013 F150 FX4 Supercrew Ecoboost
          www.restcure.ca

illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

very nice indeed
            Jim
            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...