Old Hobby

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Hobby

While browsing around the other day found this old picture. That's my son on the bike. I never rode it, I just made it run. We had a lot of fun with it. Got down into the low 9's at 140 when the racing was curtailed. A few details: 114ci Harley sportster motor running 16-1 compression using VP gas, S&S Super D carb with 3 Thunder jets, DynaPro ignition, 5 speed tranny with air-shift, bandit clutch, 11" MT slick. Weighed abt 350 lbs. Started with a 24v diesel starter that was hand held and fitted onto a nut directly on the end of the crankshaft. Funny thing; If you didn't back the engine up to a compression cycle it wouldn't turn the motor over, just hit the compression stroke and stop, it had to have a running start.

Back then Sportsters were looked down on by the "bikers" as a "Girlie" bike. I had a lot of fun telling the big twin guys my "little" sportster would clean their clock on a drag strip. Never did have to prove it once they saw it or I admitted the "little" sportster was a 114" drag bike.

Lots of fun.
    Clif and Millie
    Mabank, TX (sorta)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Duramax Diesel Dually
    2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
Working...
X