Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bobbidonb
    replied
    On our last trip out west we stopped in Boise and toured the Cris Reeve knife factory. They make beautiful knives you can open with one hand but I just couldn't justify the high cost.I then looked at many manufacturers on line , all of which claim to be made with the best steel. Since I had carried a Spyderco Ladybug in my pocket for about 40 years (I used it to open boxes when I worked) I ended up replacing my worn out ladybug with a new Manbug. It is nearly identical, main difference is the hole in the blade is larger and is easier to open with my thumb. It works well for me, stays in the bottom of my pocket with a few nickles and dimes and I can easily open it one handed while holding whatever I need to cut with my left hand. I can't kill a bear with it, or skin a deer, but the one I got has a serrated blade and will cut darn near anything.
    Amazon.com : 400467 Spyderco Manbug black FRN PlainEdge : Hunting Fixed Blade Knives : Sports & Outdoors

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    Originally posted by texaspsdx View Post
    link appreciated .... it appears that they are both excellent choices but with Buck giving a lifetime guarantee, they would have to be

Leave a comment:

• Wiley Coyote
    replied
    Oh forgot to mention, I still prefer the 112 Ranger for pocket carry. However the two 110s in the camper for kitchen use can't be out done.

Leave a comment:

• frank henn
    replied
    I thought you were banned from all sharp objects

Leave a comment:

• Wiley Coyote
    replied
    OK, say what you will about this, but I'm a fan of the older knives. The last couple of Bucks I've bought came off eBay (both new/unused) where the sellers will spec the vintage of the item. Maybe it's just me, but the older ones seem to have a harder steel, more effort to sharpen, but will stay sharp through more use.

Leave a comment:

• texaspsdx
    replied
    more than you want to know http://www.nationalsurvivalcenter.com/kncost.html

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    started a topic Which Steel is Best

Which Steel is Best

I'm in the market for a new Buck 110 Folding Hunter .... the more I read, the more confused I get .... OK, no surprise there .... I've owned and heavily used 2 Buck 110 Folding Hunter knives .... the first used to the point where I had to send it back to Buck for a new blade ... that 110 has been given to one of our sons to keep for our oldest grandson .... we now have a second grandson on the way and his father will be given the one I use now .... in looking for a new one, I've found some are made from 5160 BOS Carbon Steel https://www.amazon.com/Buck-Knives-C...folding+hunter.... some are made from 420HC (HC = High Carbon ???) steel https://www.amazon.com/Buck-Knives-F...%2Bhunter&th=1.... info as to which is best would be appreciated
Working...
X