Sheffield 12-in1 Camp Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheffield 12-in1 Camp Tool

I know a fellow who has two Sheffield 12-in1 Camp Tools .... he really likes them .... it looks like an interesting little rig .... one of those multi tools that can be used to do a little bit of a number of things

Sheffield 12301 Camper 12-in-1 Multi Tool - Axe Hammer Multitool - Amazon.com
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

our youngest son and his son backpack and camp .... having done that in years past, I've been thinking that such a tool could come in handy .... bottom line Amazon delivered one today .... first reaction is, its a solidly built tool .... in looking at it, I believe the weak point is where the 2 brads connect the axe to the handle .... when using the axe I believe it would be best to use a wooden limb as a hammer as shown in the videos listed in other post .... the soft rubber edge guard is pretty flimsy, doubt it will last long .... the blades in the handle are the strongest I've seen in a multi tool .... my first impression is it should work well within the limits of what it is designed to do
    Attached Files
    Jim
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

UPDATE :

my from the get-go I wasn't happy with the location of the hatchet's cutting edge when the tool is in its sheath .... the easily exposed cutting edge could easily cut someone .... after looking at the Sheffield camp tool and its sheath for a while, I came up with the mod shown below .... a strip was cut from an old Leatherman case and sewn into sheath so as to cover the axe edge ....
      Jim
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

earlier today I gave our Sheffield 12-in-1 to our youngest son .... as noted earlier in this thread he takes our grandson back packing / tent camping a couple of times each year .... after looking at the Sheffield he was very happy with it and believes it will come in handy .... he's looking forward to field testing it and I'm looking forward to hearing his post use impressions
        Jim
        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...
        X