No announcement yet.

Sleep Apnea (warning, long post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, but since the surgery 4 years ago, I have retired the CPAP.
    2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
    06 F350 Lariat PSD CC,LB,SRW, 3.73, EGR delete kit,Timbrens
    16K DrawTite, LineX
    His and Hers Ocean Kayaks, TST TPMS
    Elle and BJ

In the past:
    97 27RKFS SB
    04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

What

Try the pillows (nasal masks). We have had great success with them. They have also come out with a Hybrid mask that is a combo full face and nasal pillows.

What are those things?
      What do they look like, and where do you get them?
      Thanks,
      lee
      Lee & Mamie http://www.youtube.com/v/4FrGxO2Fn_Msigpic
      Buy American, The Job You Save May Be Your Own
      04 - 2500 Chevy CC Silverado - D/A
      07 - Tahoe LTZ w/tow package,
      16K Pullrite Super Slide
      2006 Excel 30RSO
      All Made In the U.S.A.

Comment

Originally posted by TednCindy View Post
        I designed the labs like a hotel room. The techs don't even go in the room. All the controls are done remotely. We have queen size beds. There is no hint of a hospital/medical testing outside of the infared camera. We try to run a "classy" lab. The more comfortable the patient, the more data we can collect and subsequently provide a more exact diagnosis.

TednCindy
        sounds like my second test which was far, far more pleasant than my first .... based upon only my first experience, I'd completely agree with Lee .... my second test was completely different ... haven't considered or discussed the surgery option with my doctor but do plan to do so .... I can't say as I like the mask but have learned to tolerate it .... bottom line as already stated, this is a serious condition that can lead to major problems and folks shouldn't ignore, mess around with it

Jim
        Jim
        '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
        '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

I'm with Norty here

I couldn't use the CPAP either. I kept ripping it off in the middle of the night.
          The afternoon I woke up doing 75mph in the median of the freeway, throwing mud and weeds everywhere, I knew I had to do something, quick! I had the surgery and Norty is correct. The MOST painful thing I have ever experienced. That was 12 years ago and today, no problem! JeBar is correct as well. This is nothing to treat lightly. If you have symptoms, please get them addressed. This is simply a question of life and death.

Comment

Jim,

All well said. It is very important, not just for your night's rest, but for your heart.

Originally posted by WAFLHTIRider View Post
            I have been on CPAP for 4 years now. What a difference it has made in my quality of life, and Beth's for that matter.
            I have heard this countless times. Usually, as Jim said, it takes some time to get used to, but afterwards it is well worth it.

Thanks for taking the time to post about your experience.

Larry
            Larry
            Holly
            Jessie
            Jamie Lyn
            2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 CC 4x4
            2007 Starcraft Antigua 215SSO

Comment

(warning, long post)

Jim,

Not to make light of anyone's apnea condition, but the first thing that came to mind when I saw your warning was this:

Now, that is a "long post"
              Attached Files
              sigpic
              Marv and Mary
              '06 SB 32BWKS
              2014 Silverado, 3500 HD Duramax/Allison, Long Bed, 4X4

Comment

Also not to make lite

I was watching the SOPRANOS one night and Tony went over to see his Uncle. When he walked in his Uncle was setting on the couch with his breathing mask on. Tony said to him "How many MIGS you get last night".

WE have had a big laugh about that as my son weres one and swears by it....
                Jim and Ruby
                U S Navy RET
                2007 Dodge 3500 Cummins, Auto 6 Spd.
                Jake Brake, Hensley Tru-Brake Controller
                2008 Bighorn 3055RL # 9748
                Rieco-Titan levelers

Comment

I too use a cpap, but when I took the test they gave me a machine to take home and I hooked myself up and slept in my own bed.
                  Bobbi, Don, and Vinny & Kaiser
                  2018 Fleetwood Discovery LXE
                  Previously:
                  2007 Sunnybrook 33CKTS
                  [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by MAAX2 View Post
                    Jim,

Not to make light of anyone's apnea condition, but the first thing that came to mind when I saw your warning was this:

Now, that is a "long post"
                    :applause:

Jim
                    Jim
                    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Originally posted by staggerlee View Post
                      Try the pillows (nasal masks). We have had great success with them. They have also come out with a Hybrid mask that is a combo full face and nasal pillows.

What are those things?
                      What do they look like, and where do you get them?
                      Thanks,
                      lee
                      Go to Resperonics or Resmed web sites. You will see them there.

TednCindy
                      2011 F-350 Dually, 6.7 King Ranch
                      2006 Sunnybrook 391k Toy Hauler (sold)
                      2010 Carriage Cameo F37FB3
                      TST TPMS
                      2 Sons, 2 Cats, 1 Great Dane (Not Sold)

"Too many Toys.....Too little Time"

Comment

update and question

for the last couple of months I've been having problems with a moisture build up in the mask of my Resmed machine .... all seems to go well till about 3:00am when I am awakened by water droplets in the mask ..... after I dry the mask and shake water out of the connecting hose, it will do fine for a while but soon the water returns ... realizing the machine is designed to humidify the air, I know it is working but too much moisture is more than enough ....anyone using a machine like this have this problem and if so, have you found a way to handle it

Jim
                        Jim
                        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Jim,I havent been on in a while,just read this thread.I went on the CPAP machine this spring,after yrs of being tired. It got worse and worse with time,to the point that iwas getting tired driving i nthe afternoon with the wamt sun on me,I almost fell asleep several times.What a difference it made.
                          As for the humidifier,my machine has a rotary dial on top,with 6 positions,1st being off,then 1-5. I started out with it on level 1,but in the winter i have it up on 5 every night.Mine uses about 4 oz of water a night on #5. My machine has a readout of hours,average slep per night,and everything on it.Kind of cool.
                          In my sleep study,the tech woke me up at 1am,after being "asleep" since 1130pm.My oxygen levels were so low,they put a mask on me.They said i was one of the top 10 worst cases they had seen,and wondered how i even managed to perform a full time job with how poorly I slept.On my follow up with the Dr I was informed that my longest period of sleep was 48 seconds.
                          I too have struggled with masks,the one that seals great irritates the sides of my nose, to the point that I have dark marks permenantly there now. I have a soft resmed one,but its full of air leaks,and hisses so loud you couldnt sleep if you wanted too.My machine as an A flex,which im told adjusts pressure and pulses to your breathing.I need minimal leaks on my mask,just to maintain enough pressure to not snore.I know you need some leakage so your not recycling air,but the comfortable masks i used have too much leakage to be of any use.

Comment

Originally posted by John DiMartino View Post
                            Jim,I havent been on in a while,just read this thread.I went on the CPAP machine this spring,after yrs of being tired.
                            well understood and using one has made a major difference for me and for Maureen .... mine is digital and I can't find the instructions .... will end up having to call the folks where I got it to try and get some help on settings

Jim
                            Jim
                            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Jim the web site seems to have some product information. Did you check?

Bob
                              Bob & Shirley
                              Fulltimed May 2004 to July 2008
                              Our Travels http://heislershideaway.spaces.live.com/default.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by heislerb View Post
                                Jim the web site seems to have some product information. Did you check?

Bob
                                yes I did but I must have over looked it ... will most certainly look again .... tip appreciated

Jim
                                Jim
                                '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                                '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                                '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...
                                X