Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JEBar
    replied
    replacement filter element and flow valve inserted into the machine ... pushed two buttons and a smiley face icon appeared on the screen .... guess we are good to go for another 6 months

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    a message saying to order a replacement filter appeared on my SoClean's screen this morning .... I've been wondering if that would be the case .... I do have 2 new filters on hand and thankfully there is a UTube video available on the sequence to replacing the filter and resetting the machine ... I continue to be pleased with our machine and do believe that it is making a positive difference

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    ain't that the truth

Leave a comment:

• Bkins
    replied
    Always nice to find something that lives up to its claims.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    Originally posted by avvidclif View Post
    Please post what you find. I have been considering one for a while as my cleaning schedule is almost non-existent.
    UPDATE :

I've now been using the SoClean machine for 2 months .... my sinus problems are all but gone .... with using the SoClean machine being the only change made during that time, I credit it with the sinus improvement .... prior to using the machine we had to manually clean/sterilize my mask and hose daily .... doing so has been totally eliminated .... with the SoClean, the CPAP's water reservoir is only cleaned manually every 3 or 4 weeks .... bottom line, the SoClean machine appears to living up to its promise

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    wouldn't you know it, just before I start using the SoClean machine I start coming down with a cold .... well, about two weeks later, the cold is breaking up .... even with this cold, I can tell my sinuses are in better shape and I contribute that to the machine .... in addition, Maureen is enjoying not having to spend time messing with sanitizing the hoses and nose pillows .... as a side note, Maureen says we are saving $10 or so a month having to buy the sanitizing solution .... granted, that ain't much but it will buy a few gallons of diesel

Leave a comment:

• avvidclif
    replied
    The only problem I have when getting up in the morning is the sinus drainage. I carry around a handful of paper towels for abt an hour and then all is well.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    after 4 nights of use, I can tell a difference .... that being I don't have anywhere near as much trouble with my sinuses .... no need of nose spray to be able to breathe .... no need for overnight sinus meds .... its been a long time since I could last say that .... those results are clear .... in thinking about it, I can think of 2 possible causes .... one being its possible I am somewhat allergic to the disinfectant Maureen has been using .... the other that the disinfectant wasn't completely taking care of the bugs .... in either case, using the machine has generated positive results

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    they do have simple directions for what to do if ozone is an problem .... I used ours after cleaning for the first time last night .... no issues whatsoever ....

Leave a comment:

• wiredgeorge
    replied
    I have been a Bipap user for a number of years. Used to be pretty accurate on a number of CPAP forums and many of the SocCean users were sensitive to the ozone that this system uses to kill germs. I personally don't believe that the machine is necessary as I have never had any issues since I began using mine about 5 years ago but this experience may not work for everyone. I clean my water tank once in awhile and use distilled water and wash my mask cushion daily to remove oil but that is about it. I have used the same hose (without cleaning) for about 3-4 years. In fact, the SoClean seemed to have more detractors than proponents but I have no personal experience.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    will do .... Maureen read up on the process they use to sterilize the system and says its valid .... bottom line is it can't hurt .... I don't know if my sinus issues are related but if they grow less or go away, that will be worth a great deal

Leave a comment:

• avvidclif
    replied
    Please post what you find. I have been considering one for a while as my cleaning schedule is almost non-existent.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    UPDATE :

I still use a CPAP machine both at home and while on the road .... Maureen manually sterilizes the hose and nose piece daily .... the water tank is removed and cleaned as needed .... as a result of having ongoing sinus problems for a long time now I broke down and ordered a SoClean 2 machine .... for anyone considering ordering one, I recommend calling the company (number in the link), have your CPAP machine handy so that you can give them accurate info, and place the order with the person you are talking to .... it proved to be simple to setup and is running its first disinfectant cycle right now .... don't know yet if it will help with the sinus issues but I'm pretty sure it can't hurt .... just wondering if any of our folks have experience using a SoClean ..?

Leave a comment:

• FourWindsColorado
    replied
    Didgeridoo Shop in Los Angeles - Buy a Fair Trade Didgeridoo

Leave a comment:

• norty
    replied
    I used a cpap machine for 4 years. Had turbinate reduction, removed tonsils and adenoids. Very painful surgery but it stopped my snoring over 8 years ago.

I went to a weird wedding a few years back where a guy played the didgeridoo and I was interested in where you got it. I may learn it and hire myself out to people who have weird weddings.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X