No announcement yet.

Next Step, Knee Replacement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just devote 3 months to this program and you will be a lot better off ,I have had 2 knees done . The physical therapy in the office is a lot more painful but a lot more effective .
    Ed & Maxine Thompson
    Forest River Cottage
    2015 Chevrolet 1500

Comment

I've come a long way but still have a good ways to go .... as of right now I anticipate three visits to a local physical therapy office until well into December
      Jim
      '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
      '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

My sister in law's sister had a replacement done about 6 weeks ago. She has had a lot of problems and was told on Wednesday that the replacement is defective and will have to be replaced. She was told this happens with about 1 in a 1000. Glad you got a good one.
        Ron Norton
        Katy, TX
        2016 Grand Design Reflection 317
        2012 Ram 3500 4x4 6.7 Cummins

Comment

OH MY .... sure hate to hear that .... having to have them go back in so soon has to complicate the recovery .... thankfully, mine seems to be doing fine .... basically, I'm through with Physical Therapy and am in the second month of a 12 month recovery .... we are camping this weekend and I've found that going up and down our camper's OEM steps is really working my knee
          Jim
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Glad you got a good one and are the road to recovery
            Ron Norton
            Katy, TX
            2016 Grand Design Reflection 317
            2012 Ram 3500 4x4 6.7 Cummins

Comment

from day one, the decision as to how long to continue physical therapy has been mine .... therapy started the day of surgery and has continued 3 times a week for the 2 months since surgery .... therapy has gone well, to the point that last Friday was my last formal session .... the option remains to resume if/when needed .... from day one, the surgeon has made it clear that recovery takes 12 months, of that I have no doubt .... as a side note, camping this past weekend gave me a chance to see how my knee would react to cold temps .... bottom line, it handled the cold a bit better than my other knee ....
              Jim
              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
              '04 Sea Pro 180DC
              '17 Elio reserved

Comment

quandary .... yep, it really be a quandary .... until last Saturday, I hadn't worn long pants for something over 2 years .... I had to go and buy some jeans so as to have a family Christmas picture made .... the waist measurement for the pair I bought was (literally) 10" less than the jeans I had hanging in the closet .... the feel of the jeans fabric rubbing on my left knee wasn't just weird, it was uncomfortably weird .... tonight it was 51 degrees and I wore them again while handing out Halloween candy .... the heat helped my knee, the fabric rubbing it not so much .... I'm most happy to be back home, wearing shorts, knee elevated, watching the world series .... before surgery, the thought of being very uncomfortable wearing long pants never crossed my mind .... I'm most certainly still learning
                Jim
                '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                '17 Elio reserved

Comment

today was one where I reached a minor benchmark .... the being, my weight going under 260 lbs .... hey, not by much 259.4 lbs, but it counts .... as a bit of an update, now in month 3 of a what I've been told to expect to be a 12 month recovery, most of the time my left knee still hurts but it is most definitely on the mend .... on the down side, I'm wondering if 2 months of rather intensive physical therapy may not have pushed my right knee to where it is now on the path to needing a replacement .... I'd hate for that to be the case but if it is, it is and a we can deal with it ....
                  Jim
                  '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                  '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                  '17 Elio reserved

Comment

A buddy in Houston did both his knees back-to-back three years ago. Then being 73 he made it very well. All over and done with in a lot less time than his first replacement about 15 years earlier.
                    Clayton & Gayle
                    2007 SB Mobile Scout/Titan 34BWKS LX, Mor/ryde Suspension & Pin Box
                    2008 F-350 SD Lariat 6.4L PSD, TorqueShift w/Tow Cmd, 3.73 LS, SRW
                    Super Cab, Long Bed, Firestone Ride-Rites & a 20k Reese Pro Hitch

Comment

I sure hope mine doesn't need to be replaced any time soon .... having one done does lessen the fear of the unknown but it also creates a dread of some of the stuff that is known ..
                      Jim
                      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...
                      X