Laser Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laser Surgery

back in the late '70's I developed high pressure in my eyes from glaucoma .... I didn't even know I had a problem until after some vision had been lost .... to reduce pressures I was on various dosages and types of eye drops .... in the late '90's a side benefit of cataract surgery where they inserted artificial lenses, it lowered my eye pressures to where no drops were necessary .... during the last couple of ears the pressures began creeping back up .... yesterday Laser Surgery was performed on m right eye to help improve the eye's natural ability to maintain pressure .... next week they will be doing the same surgery on my left eye .... the surgery itself involved a series of drops an attachment of some sort of lens to help focus the laser .... I left with blurry vision and feeling somewhat like I'd take a punch to the right eye .... 24 hrs later some after effects linger but aren't as pronounced, really not a big deal .... many years ago I learned the hard way that one can have destructively high eye pressure without being aware of it .... its something that routinely isn't detected until after permanent damage has been done
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Dang... sounds like this is kind of a big deal. Hopefully you will get the eye thing sorted soon and be able to get back to normal activities. The thought of a laser beam in my eyeball gives me the willies. Do they knock you out so you don't flinch around? Anyway, my prayers for your quick recovery from this will be on the way! God bless.
    wiredgeorge Mico TX
    2006 F350XL 6.0L 4WD Automatic 2002 Keystone Cougar 278EFS

Comment

concern appreciated .... they put drops in the eye to deaden it like they do when doing a pressure test .... when the glued (for lack of a better term) the gizmo to my eye's lens, I didn't feel it .... the laser itself wasn't really noticeable but could feel what had to be it hitting .... not a bad think, just a sensation of pressure (no pain whatsoever) .... based on having gone through it once, I have no qualms about having the left eye done
      Jim
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

With that history, maybe they should set you up for the test at regular intervals as a precaution. Lynda used to do those at her previous employment. I used to go in and let her practice on me when she was first doing them. It was kinda weird but no pain. Of course this was just the pressure test, not the procedure.
        Last edited by norty; 12-08-2018, 01:08 AM.
        2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
        06 F350 Lariat PSD CC,LB,SRW, 3.73, EGR delete kit,Timbrens
        16K DrawTite, LineX
        His and Hers Ocean Kayaks, TST TPMS
        Elle and BJ

In the past:
        97 27RKFS SB
        04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

every since being diagnosed with pressure issues back in the '70's I've have an appointment with an ophthalmologist every 6 months to monitor pressures and other eye conditions .... that's the way they knew when to remove cataracts and adjust eye pressure drops
          Jim
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...
          X