Cardiac Saga

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JEBar View Post
    Well .... I'm Back .... and saying I'm happy to be back would be a major understatement .... won't go into the long version but the short of it is, when I had an attack of Atrial Fibrillation (meaning electrical timing part of the heart goes goofy and causes it to beat out of rhythm) in SD, they used some med in an IV to bring it back in time ... gave me a prescription for the same med in pill form to take till I got back home .... only a few days I started experiencing some pretty strong side effects that weren't good .... Dr up their felt keeping the heart in time was more important than the the side effects and wanted me to stay on it till I got home .... by the time we got to Chesapeake, I knew my heart was back out of time .... managed to get by for the 10 days there till we could get home on Sunday .... sure enough when I got to my Dr on Monday morning, heart beat was over 160 at rest and had to go straight to the hospital .... back on the IV but with a different med .... seem like the one I had been on not only was kicking my b*** but didn't control the heart either .... had to stay an extra day for the local Cardiologist to make sure there appear to be no side problems .... have a followup sometime next week .... I really do appreciate the support of the folks in our community ... it really means a great deal to both Maureen and me

Jim
    Jim, I had a run of Afib a couple of years ago. I was taking the drug Amiodarone for Vfib and it messed up my thyroid glands causing me to have hyperthyroidism that in turn caused the Afib. I was in the hospital for 3 days before they could stop the Afib and it took a year for my thyroid to get back to normal. Hope your thyroid was checked while in the hospital.

Great to have you back.
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.

Judy and Joel,=Jfrow2

Comment

Glad you're back home, even with excellent hospital care those beds just aren't as comfortable as your own nor a recliner in front of the tv.

don
      Bobbi, Don, and Vinny & Kaiser
      2018 Fleetwood Discovery LXE
      Previously:
      2007 Sunnybrook 33CKTS
      [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by jfrow2 View Post
        Jim, I had a run of Afib a couple of years ago. I was taking the drug Amiodarone for Vfib and it messed up my thyroid glands causing me to have hyperthyroidism that in turn caused the Afib. I was in the hospital for 3 days before they could stop the Afib and it took a year for my thyroid to get back to normal. Hope your thyroid was checked while in the hospital.

Great to have you back.

I've been stuck, prodded, probed and fluid analyzed to the point I don't think I have many parts that haven't been tested .... that most certainly isn't a complaint, I wouldn't want it any other way ..

Jim
        Jim
        '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
        '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Originally posted by bobbidonb View Post
          Glad you're back home, even with excellent hospital care those beds just aren't as comfortable as your own nor a recliner in front of the tv.

don

you've got that right but I do have to say that the hospital bed I had was the most comfortable ever .... it apparently was an air bed with special sensors that constantly balanced the air pressure so as to do away pressure points .... in patients that are bedridden it could help eliminate/minimize bed sores .... only problem with it was every time you moved, a pump that sounded much like the water pump in many campers would kick in to adjust the air in the mattress

Jim
          Jim
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Welcome back Jim...Joanne & I are glad you better.

John

Comment

only problem with it was every time you moved, a pump that sounded much like the water pump in many campers would kick in to adjust the air in the mattress

Jim
              So that made you feel like you were camping huh?

BTW, Welcome back.

Last edited by Popeye; 08-13-2009, 01:49 AM.
              Frank and Jean
              Retired Navy
              DAV Life Member
              '09 Rockwood Roo 233s
              '03 1500 Silverado LS

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you.
              It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
              The things that come to those that wait will be the scraggly crappy junk left by those that got there first.

sigpic

Comment

Camera

you can believe that there were a couple of times that I really wished I had of had one with me ..

Jim
                We are talking Camera here aren't we?

Photos of the flora and fauna would have been nice.
                Best part of a stay in in one of those places.
                lee
                Lee & Mamie http://www.youtube.com/v/4FrGxO2Fn_Msigpic
                Buy American, The Job You Save May Be Your Own
                04 - 2500 Chevy CC Silverado - D/A
                07 - Tahoe LTZ w/tow package,
                16K Pullrite Super Slide
                2006 Excel 30RSO
                All Made In the U.S.A.

Comment

Jim, Glad you're back and sounds like the Docs have a treatment plan. Continued prayers for you.
                  Bud
                  Bud and Liz
                  2009 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually
                  2004 Carriage Compass 30RLS
                  B&W Companion, Tru Control
                  Schnauzer- Sir Winston

Comment

.... only problem with it was every time you moved, a pump that sounded much like the water pump in many campers would kick in to adjust the air in the mattress...
                    Sounds like they should have had a good size accumulator tank to keep the pump from running too much.

Happy to here they got things straightened out, Jim.
                    Jim & Delores
                    2005 30RKFS
                    2005 2500HD D/A 4WD ext cab long box
                    Jordan Ultima

INEPTOCRACY: a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Comment

Welcome back. While you were gone Chop changed teams!:shocking: Hows that for news?
                      Bob
                      Bob
                      2004 Chevy 3500 Duramax Allison, 2008 Titanium 31E35SA
                      65 Corvette up and running

Comment

Welcome home...

Welcome back Jim.....

Glad your doing better.....

Paul
                        sigpic

Paul and Sue
                        Littleton, CO
                        2015 GMC Dually Denali
                        2010 36RSSB3 Mobile Suites
                        Hensley Trailer Saver Hitch

Previous rigs:
                        Coleman pop-up, 30 ft Prowler TT, Sunnybrook 30 ft pull trailer, SunnyBrook 30RKFS Fifth wheel

Comment

Originally posted by rubrhammer View Post
                          Welcome back. While you were gone Chop changed teams!:shocking: Hows that for news?
                          Bob
                          Easy there bob:alright: lets not be starting any roomers now. :nope: some folks may take it the wrong way:whistle: but hell some ford folks would switch teams before switching trucks:stickpoke:

Comment

Hi Jim. My computer has not been able to get me on to the forum again for the last mo. or so but tonight for some reason it connected so will use the oppertunity to say glad all turned out well with your most recent lifes experience. ( To bad you do'nt have any friends to wish you well ) Ha You must have a son that is about through med school at this point and will be standing over your shoulder keeping you on the straight and narrow. I wish you the best and will be thinking of you in the future . Just one of your many friends Larry T.
                            2004 F350 PS ,2004 31 BWKS triple slide,1999 Harley Ultra Classic. Have lived in the snow we are now on the go.:bye!:

Comment

Originally posted by lctess View Post
                              Hi Jim.
                              To bad you do'nt have any friends to wish you well Ha .... You must have a son that is about through med school at this point and will be standing over your shoulder keeping you on the straight and narrow. I wish you the best and will be thinking of you in the future . Just one of your many friends Larry T.

we are indeed fortunate to have made so many friends from this forum .... Maureen and I continue to be amazed and genuinely humbled by the support we have received both out in the open forum, through PM's, through emails and phone conversations .... we have been blessed to personally meet with many members of our community and I can tell you without and reservations that we have an exceptional group of quality caring folks .... we also have many folks from our community who we haven't met personally who we consider to be good friends .... as you noted, we do have a son who is two weeks into his senior year of medical school at the University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill) .... we got home on Sunday and he (along with our other children and both daughter-in-laws) were here waiting on us .... he checked me over, and wanted me to go right to the emergency room .... with an appointment with my doctor for the following morning I didn't take his advice .... when I got to my doctor, he did exactly the same things that our son told me to expect and then sent me directly to the emergency room

Jim
                              Jim
                              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                              '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                              '17 Elio reserved

Comment

I echo the responses of the others Jim. Very good to see you back at the control panel. Hope and pray your problems are behind you.

Jim
                                Jim
                                Navigator and Best Friend: Priscilla
                                Black & tan 4 yr old Doxie we call "Hank"
                                Dapple 2 yr old Doxie named "Cocoa"
                                sigpic
                                "It's a good thing we don't get all the government we pay for." ~ Will Rogers

Comment

Working...
                                X