No announcement yet.

Shingles Shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a shingles outbreak in 2001. It sucked beyond description. Had it on the right back side of my neck.

So sorry....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Russell
    '13 Excel Winslow 34IKE
    '16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
    Previous RV's: '03 MobileScout Titan 29DBS;
    '01 Sunnybrook 2708 SLE; '99 Coleman Utah

Comment

Being Old has benefits

I don't know why but I have a standard Blue Cross Plan and Medicare, year before last I went into Walgreens and asked about the Flu shot and the Shingles shot. I ended up getting both and paying -0-, the pharmacist told me I was very lucky because most plans didn't cover it. Hopefully I'll be really lucky.
      Westwind
      Rhode Island
      2015 GMC Sierra 3500 D/A CC, Short Bed, Iridium
      2008 GMC D/A Xtended Cab, Short Bed, Stealth Grey
      Hensley TrailSaver BD3 Hitch
      2012 Heartland Bighorn 3070TL
      2002 Sunnybrook, 26FK (sold but not Forgotten)
      Hensley Arrow (Swapped for a BD3)
      sigpic

Comment

I had the shingles shot a few years back and insurance covered most of it. Basically ran down to the drugstore after my fil had it.

Sorry she is having it up high. You are right to be overly cautious as usually it is only very uncomfortable.

Hope all is quickly under control.
        2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
        06 F350 Lariat PSD CC,LB,SRW, 3.73, EGR delete kit,Timbrens
        16K DrawTite, LineX
        His and Hers Ocean Kayaks, TST TPMS
        Elle and BJ

In the past:
        97 27RKFS SB
        04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

there is a new 2 - shot vaccination for Shingles .... it is reported to be much more effective than the first generation, single shot vaccination .... so long as you get it at a pharmacy or other such facility, our insurance covers it just like they do the Flu shot ..... it will not cover it at a doctor's office .... in calling around we found that the normal Walgreens we use has such a long waiting list that they aren't adding any more names to it .... yesterday by calling another Walgreens that is actually closer to our home, we were told to come on in .... this morning we did and ended up with the first shingles shot in one arm and a flu shot in the other .... we have to go back in two months to get the second shingles shot .... its my understanding that the new shot is designed for folks age 65 and older .... Maureen came down with the shingles after having the first shot .... she was told that her case was much milder because of having had the shot .... if she had a mild case, I'd hate to see a regular one ....
          Jim
          '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
          '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

as an FYI, 12 hrs after having the new Shingles and this year's Flue shot, I can sure tell a difference .... Flu shot in right arm, no problem .... SHINGRIX shot in left is a very different matter .... the soreness reminds me of the reaction of the early flu shots .... arm sore ... general queasiness but nothing significant
            Jim
            '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
            '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...
            X