No announcement yet.

Maureen's Camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, it is. Wife's '11 MKX has 305 and it will zip when you punch it--but no roar, just a high-pitched whine.
    '05 36 TK3 Mobiles Suites
    '09 F450 4x4--put out to pasture
    '10 F450 4x4--new to me
    First wife, back to 3 Yorkies
    Livin to go campin
    In the past: SB 26FK; 30FKS

Comment

Very nice ride, Maureen!
      Z
      Dan & Zerelda Hammer
      Pensacola, FL
      SB 2006 - 34 BWKS
      2016 Dodge Diesel - 3500

Comment

in thinking back, many of the features found in today's vehicles are amazing .... I have no doubt that there are still features in Maureen's Camaro that we haven't found .... air conditioned seats, heated steering wheel, blind spot sensors, side crash warnings, its own WIFI capability, are just a few of them .... that's a far cry from my first vehicle, a '65 Jeep CJ5 that came without a top, no radio, no backup lights, no seat belts, and so on
        Jim
        '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
        '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Really a nice looking vehicle Jim. What about a convertible..?
          sigpic

Paul and Sue
          Littleton, CO
          2015 GMC Dually Denali
          2010 36RSSB3 Mobile Suites
          Hensley Trailer Saver Hitch

Previous rigs:
          Coleman pop-up, 30 ft Prowler TT, Sunnybrook 30 ft pull trailer, SunnyBrook 30RKFS Fifth wheel

Comment

we are in St Louis looking after our granddaughters while our oldest son and his wife are on the west coast .... Maureen's Camaro is back home but most certainly isn't being ignored .... between our daughter and our youngest son, it is getting plenty of use so as to keep the lubricating fluids circulating ..:sack:.. Maureen didn't even consider a convertible, the closest she's come has been a Vette with a T-top .... our vehicles sit outside (my John Deere tractor is in the garage ), from a maintenance standpoint, a convertible just wouldn't work for us
            Jim
            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

we've had Maureen's Camaro for about 5 weeks .... out of that 5 we have been away from home for about 2 .... she has driven it for the vast majority of the just over 1,000 miles .... I've driven it twice for any distance and both times have felt it pulls to the left .... took it back after the first time and they found low air pressure in a couple of tires .... I asked about a front end alignment .... a preliminary check showed it was within spec .... yesterday I drove it again and guess what, it pulled to the left .... took it back this morning and once again it was given the same preliminary test .... guess what, it was still found to be within spec .... I told them I didn't care what the preliminary test showed, it pulls to the left ..... I've known the service writer for many years and he told me he'd find out what was going on .... hours later via a followup call I learned, he had taken the front end alighment guy for a ride .... guess what, they found out it pulled to the left ..:jawdrop:.. what a shock ..:wall:.. when they got back to the dealership they got on the phone with the folks who maintain their alignment machine .... as it turned out, Maureen's is the first 2016 Camaro to be put on the machine .... the 2016's need a different setting on the machine than those of prior years .... their machine is being reprogrammed and we will pick it up in the morning
              Jim
              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
              '04 Sea Pro 180DC
              '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Vehicle alignment is best measured with a tape measure or a string. alignment machines do not teach the operator what he trying to do, it's just a printout maker. That's the problem, the operator of the machine has no point of reference from which to recognize a bad number.

I had a dodge van that was so far out of alignment that you could walk 15 feet in front and see the problem. They kept telling me the machine said it was right. I lined it up with a tape measure in the driveway and drove it 10 years, almost 5 without leaks and still had most of the paint after 3.

I hope they get it right.
                2016 Jayco Pinnacle 36 RBTS
                2016 F350 DRW, Lariat
                B and W Companion hitch

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox, Silken Lines and Silver Hooks, 1954

Comment

Originally posted by eldermike View Post
                  Vehicle alignment is best measured with a tape measure or a string. alignment machines do not teach the operator what he trying to do, it's just a printout maker. That's the problem, the operator of the machine has no point of reference from which to recognize a bad number.

I had a dodge van that was so far out of alignment that you could walk 15 feet in front and see the problem. They kept telling me the machine said it was right. I lined it up with a tape measure in the driveway and drove it 10 years, almost 5 without leaks and still had most of the paint after 3.

I hope they get it right.
                  I disagree, a good alignment machine is a 4 wheel setup and all 4 have to be right. You were evidently on an old 2 wheel setup. The mechanic I use is putting in a new shop and I asked if he's getting a new alignment machine to go with it. He's thinking about it, at over $60k for a 4 wheel alignment machine it does require a little thought. He does know how to use it also.
                  Last edited by avvidclif; 05-11-2016, 04:28 AM.
                  Clif and Millie
                  Mabank, TX (sorta)
                  2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually
                  2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
                  2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

in a PM, My (myvann) who sales such machines reminded me that the 2016 Camaro has a completely new chassis .... with that being the case, its easy to see how new specs would need to be programmed into the machine
                    Jim
                    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Service Shops

I'm sure it's a nightmare to keep up with all the changes from model year to model year - I had two recalls on my truck performed 1 April, and Onstar is still sending me notices and GM is still mailing me notices, got one yesterday.
                      I think the amount of information is overwhelming the system.
                      Westwind
                      Rhode Island
                      2015 GMC Sierra 3500 D/A CC, Short Bed, Iridium
                      2008 GMC D/A Xtended Cab, Short Bed, Stealth Grey
                      Hensley TrailSaver BD3 Hitch
                      2012 Heartland Bighorn 3070TL
                      2002 Sunnybrook, 26FK (sold but not Forgotten)
                      Hensley Arrow (Swapped for a BD3)
                      sigpic

Comment

About 20 years ago, I needed an alignment so I took the thing to a tire shop that had the latest and greatest machine in Lynchburg, VA. They put it on the machine, messed with the car for a while, then told me it was done. Charged me for the alignment then gave me all the paperwork. Before I left the building, I opened the packet and looked at the computer printout - first thing I saw was all the red X'es showing that it was out of alignment! The shop manager and I had a nice little discussion right there and then. Two hours later, they gave me another printout showing it was now in alignment. I wonder how many people never looked at what they were handed. Needless to say, I never went back there and neither did any of my friends.
                        2015 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
                        2013 Ford F250 6.7 PS Diesel Lariat Crew

Comment

picked it up this morning .... I have a before and after printout .... they had to make adjustments to all 4 tires .... I had a friend who is a former mechanic and is now in charge of their service are to drive it ... he says its fine .... he did note that the Camaro suspension is set so it will drive straight on a level road but will veer a bit to the left or right on highly crowned roads .... he said that was normal and was a pretty good way to drive test it
                          Jim
                          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Originally posted by FoxFanRay View Post
                            they gave me another printout showing it was now in alignment. I wonder how many people never looked at what they were handed.
                            don't know how clear this will come out but here is a photo of the printout we were given
                            Attached Files
                            Jim
                            '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                            '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                            '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Originally posted by avvidclif View Post
                              I disagree, a good alignment machine is a 4 wheel setup and all 4 have to be right. You were evidently on an old 2 wheel setup. The mechanic I use is putting in a new shop and I asked if he's getting a new alignment machine to go with it. He's thinking about it, at over $60k for a 4 wheel alignment machine it does require a little thought. He does know how to use it also.
                              Well, I am sticking to it. If you can't line one up with a tape you will never know if the machine is working. I agree the machine is an important tool but no tool can be better than the mechanic using it. That's all I am saying.
                              2016 Jayco Pinnacle 36 RBTS
                              2016 F350 DRW, Lariat
                              B and W Companion hitch

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox, Silken Lines and Silver Hooks, 1954

Comment

Originally posted by eldermike View Post
                                Well, I am sticking to it. If you can't line one up with a tape you will never know if the machine is working. I agree the machine is an important tool but no tool can be better than the mechanic using it. That's all I am saying.
                                agree .... sadly in today's world we have techs and not mechanics .... the techs are taught to run diagnostic machines and change whatever module/part is indicated .... mechanics accomplished the same task through training and experience .... outside of motor racing crews I suspect it would be hard to find a tech that can diagnose and align today's vehicles that require 4 wheel alignment without modern alignment machines
                                Jim
                                '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                                '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                                '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...
                                X