Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ColoradoNative
    replied
    Jim has Amazon Prime with free 2 day shipping.

OK I see you have it covered.
    Last edited by ColoradoNative; 08-06-2017, 08:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• norty
    replied
    Originally posted by JEBar View Post
    if it wouldn't be too much trouble and you could pick her up a couple of pairs, we could get them from you on Monday
    Will have them for you.

Leave a comment:

• norty
    replied
    Originally posted by ColoradoNative View Post
    They are available on Amazon and a lot of other web sites if you search for them.
    Yes but they want 25 bucks to get them here by the 21st!

Leave a comment:

• ColoradoNative
    replied
    They are available on Amazon and a lot of other web sites if you search for them.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    if it wouldn't be too much trouble and you could pick her up a couple of pairs, we could get them from you on Monday

Leave a comment:

• norty
    replied
    We have been looking everywhere for eclipse glasses. We had almost given up and saw a display in a local Harris Teeter grocery just a while ago. $1.99 each and they were selling a few days ago for a buck.

I looked on Amazon prime and could get 5 pair for 6 dollars. Only problem it was 25.00 to get them here by the eclipse.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    suggestion appreciated .... will pass it on to Maureen

Leave a comment:

• ColoradoNative
    replied
    to see it in NC you'd have to go to the Bryson City area .... that's over an hour west of Asheville .... from what they are saying, motels and campgrounds are booked solid
    Jim,
    You will have a 93% partial in Raliegh at about 2:45 PM. I'm assuming that's where you will be in the hospital. Get some cheap eclipse glasses so Maureen and your family can see it if you are too zoned out on drugs after the surgery.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    to see it in NC you'd have to go to the Bryson City area .... that's over an hour west of Asheville .... from what they are saying, motels and campgrounds are booked solid

Leave a comment:

• norty
    replied
    I haven't made much mention of it because I'm not where I want to be .... nor do I know at what weight I want to be .... in mid April I had an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon to schedule a knee replacement .... at the time I weighed 330 lbs and he said I needed to get down to 275 .... 3 months later (most of which was spent traveling to and from South Dakota) I had a second appointment and to his surprise was down to 274 .... the knee replacement surgery is scheduled for Aug 21st .... he says if I keep losing weight the prospects a successful surgery will continue to rise so that's what's happening ....
    You will have to get them to roll you over to a window to see the eclipse, if you have any interest in it by that point.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    Originally posted by Westwind View Post
    And he could be giving you a very fair premium!
    collectively, our family has 9 cars, 1 boat, 4 homes, multiple life insurance policies, some 401K's and I'm pretty sure some other things I don't recall insured with him .... he most probably has a significant economic motivation to keep us happy

Leave a comment:

• Westwind
    replied
    And he could be giving you a very fair premium!

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    we've been dealing with the same local agent for something over 20 years .... when we have an issue, we call him and he takes it from there .... we could probably save a few bucks with another company but have no desire to do so

Leave a comment:

• Westwind
    replied
    I have come to the opinion (my own) that insurance is like buy snake oil, it is very difficult to believe what you are told, years ago we had local agents and once you got to know them you had faith in what they told you, but now with everything online especially vehicle insurance. The accident that I had two years ago I will give the company credit that they settled quickly and my truck was repaired quickly.
    But, they doubled my annual insurance rate, $900 to $1.800 per 6 months - I hunted for a new company - they gave me the same rate I previously had and then 6 months later they upped it almost $200 per 6 months to $1,008, . Next year, once the 3 years of insurance punishment is over I will be hunting for new insurance, it will be interesting to see how it goes.
    For info - in Rhode Island insurance doesn't cover windshields, so it's full freight or us. Hope that makes you feel better JBar!

Leave a comment:

• MGBar
    replied
    In a few we will make our first road trip in the Camaro. The ride will be very different from the Beast: better mileage, greater speed, air conditioned seats. I hope it all goes well. We are looking forward to seeing some of Jim's family that we have not seen in a very long time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X