X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JEBar
    replied
    Originally posted by JEBar View Post
    its going to cost us $250 (our deductible) no matter where we get it fixed .... we do plan to check and see how the dealership's warranty compares

based on a friend's recommendation, we checked with our insurance and found that it only cost $3 more a month to reduce the deductible for our Comprehensive coverage from $250 to $100 .... I can only wish that we'd reduced it before having the Camaro's windshield replaced ...

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    I haven't made much mention of it because I'm not where I want to be .... nor do I know at what weight I want to be .... in mid April I had an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon to schedule a knee replacement .... at the time I weighed 330 lbs and he said I needed to get down to 275 .... 3 months later (most of which was spent traveling to and from South Dakota) I had a second appointment and to his surprise was down to 274 .... the knee replacement surgery is scheduled for Aug 21st .... he says if I keep losing weight the prospects a successful surgery will continue to rise so that's what's happening ....

Leave a comment:

• bobbidonb
    replied

additional note : a couple of days ago we once again drove her Camaro to Asheville and back for a visit with my Mom in her retirement home .... 32+ mpg which is what we have come to expect .... having recently lost 50+ lbs, I have found that its much easier for me to get in and our of it and for me that's a good thing ..
    Jim, I guess I missed your posts on weight loss. Congratulations!! Feels good, doesn't it. Bobbi and I are still eating low carb/high fat and haven't put any of our old weight back on.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    its going to cost us $250 (our deductible) no matter where we get it fixed .... we do plan to check and see how the dealership's warranty compares

Maureen called our insurance company last week to report her Camaro's broken windshield and our agent said he would handle it from there .... today a fellow from a local company showed up and replaced it .... I watched the entire process and was impressed by the way he went about the replacement .... he took his time and was meticulous at all stages of the process .... he said the "head's up display" built into the windshield made it a very expensive one .... somewhere north of $1,000 .... the windshield in our Sportchassis has multiple dings and one crack but so far it hasn't bothered me sufficiently to have it replaced .... he did say that even with it being considerably larger, it would cost a good bit less

additional note : a couple of days ago we once again drove her Camaro to Asheville and back for a visit with my Mom in her retirement home .... 32+ mpg which is what we have come to expect .... having recently lost 50+ lbs, I have found that its much easier for me to get in and our of it and for me that's a good thing ..
    Last edited by JEBar; 07-19-2017, 02:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    yep .... you got that right .... we are talking about taking it on a week ( +/- ) road trip to southern Georgia to visit some friends and family in September .... if we do, it will be our first such trip without our camper in many years

Leave a comment:

• Westwind
    replied
    Yup - easier to get in and out of. LOL Why do I know that!

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    Originally posted by Joezilla View Post
    So, it is getting better with age? like fine wine? Congrats!!

I try my best to get Debbie to get one, but she says she doesn't need one.

Joe
    she's still a fairly new vintage but yep, she seems to be .... don't get me wrong, it seems to be a fine vehicle but I'd much rather have a Silverado ....

Leave a comment:

• Joezilla
    replied
    another month, another 500+ mile trip from home to Asheville to visit my Mom at her retirement home .... all in all, a really good day's drive .... I preface the next statement with saying we drove the same route, filled at the same pump, drove the same speeds (speed limit + 4 ) over the same interstate .... we were most happy to see Maureen's Camaro got 33.2 mpg round trip
    So, it is getting better with age? like fine wine? Congrats!!

I try my best to get Debbie to get one, but she says she doesn't need one.

Joe

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    another month, another 500+ mile trip from home to Asheville to visit my Mom at her retirement home .... all in all, a really good day's drive .... I preface the next statement with saying we drove the same route, filled at the same pump, drove the same speeds (speed limit + 4 ) over the same interstate .... we were most happy to see Maureen's Camaro got 33.2 mpg round trip

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    it does have a back seat .... that said, unless the folks sitting in the front seats are really short so their seats are moved as far forward as possible, the back seat is little more than a place to lay some of things you want to be able to put your hands on while moving down the road

Leave a comment:

• Wiley Coyote
    replied
    Neighbor across the street just bought one. Says he loves the thing. But then he's got a full size SUV so the family won't have to struggle getting in and out of the back seat.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    Maureen's Camaro is a few days short of being 1 year old .... today we drove it 550+ miles round trip from our home in central NC to Asheville for a visit with my Mom in her retirement home .... during the trip she turned over 6,000 miles ... we drove mostly interstate highways with the cruise set at interstate speed limits plus 3 - 4 mph and she delivered 32 mpg .... she handles like a dream and is a blast to drive
    Last edited by JEBar; 03-27-2017, 01:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• wingnut60
    replied
    How 'bout this?

"A bird swallows small bits of gravel that act as 'teeth' in the gizzard, breaking down hard food such as seeds and thus helping digestion." (Solomon et al., 2002). These stones are called gizzard stones or gastroliths and usually become round and smooth from the polishing action in the animal's stomach.
    Gizzard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GizzardWikipedia

There it is in print......

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    Originally posted by FoxFanRay View Post
    Perhaps some birds eat rocks, and then they aim when they... Oh, never mind.
    because I have no idea whatsoever, your theory is stronger than mine .. :sack:

Leave a comment:

• FoxFanRay
    replied
    Originally posted by wingnut60 View Post
    Jim,
    Over the last 40 years, I have driven probably 40k+ miles a year, and every so often get a rock hit when there is no other vehicle around. It is my theory that the front wheels are tossing a rock up and to the front and the truck runs into it...?? Only thing I can think of, unless there are rock-carrying birds around.
    Joe
    Perhaps some birds eat rocks, and then they aim when they... Oh, never mind.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X