Maureen's Camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JEBar View Post

additional note : a couple of days ago we once again drove her Camaro to Asheville and back for a visit with my Mom in her retirement home .... 32+ mpg which is what we have come to expect .... having recently lost 50+ lbs, I have found that its much easier for me to get in and our of it and for me that's a good thing ..
    Jim, I guess I missed your posts on weight loss. Congratulations!! Feels good, doesn't it. Bobbi and I are still eating low carb/high fat and haven't put any of our old weight back on.
    Bobbi, Don, and Vinny & Kaiser
    2018 Fleetwood Discovery LXE
    Previously:
    2007 Sunnybrook 33CKTS
    [SIGPIC]

Comment

I haven't made much mention of it because I'm not where I want to be .... nor do I know at what weight I want to be .... in mid April I had an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon to schedule a knee replacement .... at the time I weighed 330 lbs and he said I needed to get down to 275 .... 3 months later (most of which was spent traveling to and from South Dakota) I had a second appointment and to his surprise was down to 274 .... the knee replacement surgery is scheduled for Aug 21st .... he says if I keep losing weight the prospects a successful surgery will continue to rise so that's what's happening ....
      Jim
      '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
      '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

its going to cost us $250 (our deductible) no matter where we get it fixed .... we do plan to check and see how the dealership's warranty compares

based on a friend's recommendation, we checked with our insurance and found that it only cost $3 more a month to reduce the deductible for our Comprehensive coverage from $250 to $100 .... I can only wish that we'd reduced it before having the Camaro's windshield replaced ...
        Jim
        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

In a few we will make our first road trip in the Camaro. The ride will be very different from the Beast: better mileage, greater speed, air conditioned seats. I hope it all goes well. We are looking forward to seeing some of Jim's family that we have not seen in a very long time.

Comment

I have come to the opinion (my own) that insurance is like buy snake oil, it is very difficult to believe what you are told, years ago we had local agents and once you got to know them you had faith in what they told you, but now with everything online especially vehicle insurance. The accident that I had two years ago I will give the company credit that they settled quickly and my truck was repaired quickly.
            But, they doubled my annual insurance rate, $900 to $1.800 per 6 months - I hunted for a new company - they gave me the same rate I previously had and then 6 months later they upped it almost $200 per 6 months to $1,008, . Next year, once the 3 years of insurance punishment is over I will be hunting for new insurance, it will be interesting to see how it goes.
            For info - in Rhode Island insurance doesn't cover windshields, so it's full freight or us. Hope that makes you feel better JBar!
            Westwind
            Rhode Island
            2015 GMC Sierra 3500 D/A CC, Short Bed, Iridium
            2008 GMC D/A Xtended Cab, Short Bed, Stealth Grey
            Hensley TrailSaver BD3 Hitch
            2012 Heartland Bighorn 3070TL
            2002 Sunnybrook, 26FK (sold but not Forgotten)
            Hensley Arrow (Swapped for a BD3)
            sigpic

Comment

we've been dealing with the same local agent for something over 20 years .... when we have an issue, we call him and he takes it from there .... we could probably save a few bucks with another company but have no desire to do so
              Jim
              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
              '04 Sea Pro 180DC
              '17 Elio reserved

Comment

And he could be giving you a very fair premium!
                Westwind
                Rhode Island
                2015 GMC Sierra 3500 D/A CC, Short Bed, Iridium
                2008 GMC D/A Xtended Cab, Short Bed, Stealth Grey
                Hensley TrailSaver BD3 Hitch
                2012 Heartland Bighorn 3070TL
                2002 Sunnybrook, 26FK (sold but not Forgotten)
                Hensley Arrow (Swapped for a BD3)
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Westwind View Post
                  And he could be giving you a very fair premium!
                  collectively, our family has 9 cars, 1 boat, 4 homes, multiple life insurance policies, some 401K's and I'm pretty sure some other things I don't recall insured with him .... he most probably has a significant economic motivation to keep us happy
                  Jim
                  '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                  '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                  '17 Elio reserved

Comment

I haven't made much mention of it because I'm not where I want to be .... nor do I know at what weight I want to be .... in mid April I had an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon to schedule a knee replacement .... at the time I weighed 330 lbs and he said I needed to get down to 275 .... 3 months later (most of which was spent traveling to and from South Dakota) I had a second appointment and to his surprise was down to 274 .... the knee replacement surgery is scheduled for Aug 21st .... he says if I keep losing weight the prospects a successful surgery will continue to rise so that's what's happening ....
                    You will have to get them to roll you over to a window to see the eclipse, if you have any interest in it by that point.
                    2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
                    06 F350 Lariat PSD CC,LB,SRW, 3.73, EGR delete kit,Timbrens
                    16K DrawTite, LineX
                    His and Hers Ocean Kayaks, TST TPMS
                    Elle and BJ

In the past:
                    97 27RKFS SB
                    04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

to see it in NC you'd have to go to the Bryson City area .... that's over an hour west of Asheville .... from what they are saying, motels and campgrounds are booked solid
                      Jim
                      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

to see it in NC you'd have to go to the Bryson City area .... that's over an hour west of Asheville .... from what they are saying, motels and campgrounds are booked solid
                        Jim,
                        You will have a 93% partial in Raliegh at about 2:45 PM. I'm assuming that's where you will be in the hospital. Get some cheap eclipse glasses so Maureen and your family can see it if you are too zoned out on drugs after the surgery.

John
                        LaPorte, Colorado
                        2003 F250 Superduty 6.0 Diesel, Auto - 2004 Sunnybrook Solanta 2816 - 2004 Brakesmart - 2006 Hensley Arrow

To be Old and Wise, You Must First be Young and Stupid!

Don't do something permanently stupid just because you're temporarily upset!

Comment

suggestion appreciated .... will pass it on to Maureen
                          Jim
                          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

We have been looking everywhere for eclipse glasses. We had almost given up and saw a display in a local Harris Teeter grocery just a while ago. $1.99 each and they were selling a few days ago for a buck.

I looked on Amazon prime and could get 5 pair for 6 dollars. Only problem it was 25.00 to get them here by the eclipse.
                            2011 Jayco Eagle 351RLTS, MorRyde hitchpin
                            06 F350 Lariat PSD CC,LB,SRW, 3.73, EGR delete kit,Timbrens
                            16K DrawTite, LineX
                            His and Hers Ocean Kayaks, TST TPMS
                            Elle and BJ

In the past:
                            97 27RKFS SB
                            04 30RKFS SB Titan

"Don't let yesterday take up to much of your today." Will Rogers

Comment

if it wouldn't be too much trouble and you could pick her up a couple of pairs, we could get them from you on Monday
                              Jim
                              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                              '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                              '17 Elio reserved

Comment

They are available on Amazon and a lot of other web sites if you search for them.

John
                                LaPorte, Colorado
                                2003 F250 Superduty 6.0 Diesel, Auto - 2004 Sunnybrook Solanta 2816 - 2004 Brakesmart - 2006 Hensley Arrow

To be Old and Wise, You Must First be Young and Stupid!

Don't do something permanently stupid just because you're temporarily upset!

Comment

Working...
                                X