Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JEBar
    replied
    we've talked about it and while its certain the rock had to come from somewhere, we still have no clue where ..

Leave a comment:

• wingnut60
    replied
    Jim,
    Over the last 40 years, I have driven probably 40k+ miles a year, and every so often get a rock hit when there is no other vehicle around. It is my theory that the front wheels are tossing a rock up and to the front and the truck runs into it...?? Only thing I can think of, unless there are rock-carrying birds around.
    Joe

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    Originally posted by myvann View Post
    I got the windshield replaced in my truck a while back at the dealership body shop and the GM was less expensive than the aftermarket by around $100.
    its going to cost us $250 (our deductible) no matter where we get it fixed .... we do plan to check and see how the dealership's warranty compares

Leave a comment:

• myvann
    replied
    I got the windshield replaced in my truck a while back at the dealership body shop and the GM was less expensive than the aftermarket by around $100.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    our deductible is $250 which ain't cheap but beats the heck out of $800+

Leave a comment:

• norty
    replied
    I know and hate that sound. Twice this year already. Safelite repaired ours with a lifetime guarantee. Our insurance paid for it, cost $80.

Every time I get behind a dump truck for what ever reason, I pull over and let him get on down the road.

Leave a comment:

• Westwind
    replied
    Rhode Island

Insurance in this state doesn't cover windshields, how do I know, I've paid for a few, all out of pocket.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    during our drive from Asheville home on I-40 we were going down a stretch of highway with no other vehicles anywhere close to us .... I was totally surprised when I heard the heart sinking sound of something hitting the windshield .... no clue where it came from .... same old story, it left divot, this morning a crack started spreading from it .... out of curiosity, this morning I called Safelite for a quote .... would you believe $800+ .. :jawdrop: .. they said the Head's Up display boosted the cost .... thank goodness for insurance

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    I believe Janet's has a V8 .... we test drove a V8 Camaro, it had a great sound and a world of power .... the reality is, the V6 in Maureen's does everything we want it to do with ease .... also I believe (am not positive) that the V8 needs high test gas ....

Leave a comment:

• frank henn
    replied
    Originally posted by avvidclif View Post
    And Frank's better half is hollering, "Wanna race". :stir:
    No need to race, she has a lead foot any way:sack:

Leave a comment:

• avvidclif
    replied
    And Frank's better half is hollering, "Wanna race". :stir:

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    update :

yesterday we one again drove her Camaro from home to Asheville and back .... during the just under 500 miles she turned over 3,000 miles .... we didn't baby it, cruise set at interstate speed limit +4/5 mph .... don't know how many miles but two sections have a 70 mph speed limit .... she ran and handled like a dream .... up Ridgecrest Mountain (steepest grade on I40 from ocean to ocean) used 6th gear (8 forward available with paddle shifters) and had no trouble doing 60 mph .... down hill put her in 5th and didn't have to hit the brakes .... hand figured she got 32.6 mpg .... I'd love to take her Camaro cross country, that would be a fun/comfortable drive

Leave a comment:

• avvidclif
    replied
    A pistol packing momma in a hot car.

Leave a comment:

• JEBar
    replied
    Originally posted by staggerlee View Post
    Very nice looking ride Maureen.

I do hope Jim lets you use it too.

Lee

it is really nice indeed .... that said, it is her vehicle and it suits her .... there is nothing about it built for a guy my size .... way too hard to get in and out of

Leave a comment:

• staggerlee
    replied
    Very nice looking ride Maureen.

I do hope Jim lets you use it too.

Lee

Leave a comment:

Working...
X