No announcement yet.

Maureen's Camaro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

today we made another drive from home to Asheville and back in Maureen's Camaro .... for us, the high point of the trip was a good visit with my Mom .... she was having a good day which means out family had one as well .... this past weekend it rained in our home area and since the clouds have parted, it has been beautiful but cold .... when we got to Greensboro we were surprised to see snow along I-40 .... the further west we drove, the more snow we observed .... driving a Camaro, that isn't a good thing .... it was snowing as we drove up Ridgecrest Mountain, thankfully it stopped when we reached the crest .... in the last picture you can see Maureen standing in the snow outside of my Mom's retirement home .... our hope is, that is the last time we be in her Camaro with snow anywhere in the picture ..
    Jim
    '06 SunnyBrook Titan 34BWKS
    '07 Freightliner Sportchassis
    '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
    '04 Sea Pro 180DC
    '17 Elio reserved

Comment

I'll see your NC snow and raise you Brownsville, TX snow. This was abt 4PM last Friday after most had melted, temp in the mid 40's. Kinda rare. The hotel we stayed in had to move us twice before they found a room with a working heater.....
      Clif and Millie
      Mabank, TX (sorta)
      2015 Chevrolet 3500 LTZ Allison/Duramax Dually
      2015 Heartland Cyclone CY3418 Toy Hauler
      2005 HD Dyna Super Glide

Comment

back in 2013 or 2014 we were at Lake Conroe when it snowed .... like the snow we get, it was very wet/heavy snow .... a customary lack of snow/ice down there is one of the reason we spend our winters there .... I'm counting on you to get the weather down there straightened out before our arrival
        Jim
        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

back on 9-2-17 Hurricane Harvey "blessed" our area with the worst hail storm folks around here ever remember hitting our area .... up to softball size hail .... the damage to buildings, vehicles, everything outside was extensive .... the appraisal to Maureen's Camaro was well over $4,000 in body damage in addition to the broken rear window shown below .... when we submitted a copy of the appraisal to the body shop where we want to have her Camaro fixed, we were close to 500 on the waiting list and was told there was no way they could get to it until sometime in January .... today, I stopped by to check and we got lucky .... someone scheduled to bring their car in today had just called and cancelled .... ours wasn't next but we were there and they took her Camaro straight back into the shop .... he said it will take a day or so before to determine how long it will take .... much depends on determining if the hood and other body panels have to be replaced .... it has been arranged for us to take them my Chevy pickup when they finish the Camaro and then our daughters Suburban when they finished the truck ..... at best we might get to see her car repaired before we leave for Texas on Jan 5th
          Jim
          '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
          '04 Sea Pro 180DC
          '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Originally posted by JEBar View Post
            back on 9-2-17 Hurricane Harvey "blessed" our area with the worst hail storm folks around here ever remember hitting our area .... up to softball size hail .... the damage to buildings, vehicles, everything outside was extensive .... the appraisal to Maureen's Camaro was well over $4,000 in body damage in addition to the broken rear window shown below .... when we submitted a copy of the appraisal to the body shop where we want to have her Camaro fixed, we were close to 500 on the waiting list and was told there was no way they could get to it until sometime in January .... today, I stopped by to check and we got lucky .... someone scheduled to bring their car in today had just called and cancelled .... ours wasn't next but we were there and they took her Camaro straight back into the shop .... he said it will take a day or so before to determine how long it will take .... much depends on determining if the hood and other body panels have to be replaced .... it has been arranged for us to take them my Chevy pickup when they finish the Camaro and then our daughters Suburban when they finished the truck ..... at best we might get to see her car repaired before we leave for Texas on Jan 5th
            Ouch!! That's not fun to be without a vehicle, especially one as nice as that Camaro! Hope they are done with it soon.

Joe
            Joe and Debbie Gilbert
            On the Road Fulltime Since 7/14/08

2016 DRV Mobile Suites 43' Atlanta fifth wheel home on wheels

2017 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 4.10, Factory rear air suspension

Officially RETIRED!!
            Catch me if you can!!

Comment

we went by the body shop yesterday to drop off some paperwork .... the hail dings in the Camaro's hood and most in the roof have been taken care of .... with staff being off for the holidays, they anticipate finishing it up after New Year's ...don't know if we will get it back before we are due to pull out on the 5th .... the day the Camaro is ready to be picked up, my Silverado is scheduled to take its place .... when it is finished, our daughter's Suburban is slated to go in .... her's is anticipated to be in the shop for at least a month because they anticipate having to remove and replace the entire roof
              Jim
              '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
              '04 Sea Pro 180DC
              '17 Elio reserved

Comment

just got a call from the body shop, Maureen's Camaro is ready to be picked up .... the good news is, they were able to fix all of the hail damage without having to do any painting .... we could have picked it up today but its raining .... we plan to take my Silverado over in the morning and bring the Camaro home ....
                Jim
                '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                '17 Elio reserved

Comment

we are delighted to say Maureen's Camaro is back home .... we picked it up this morning and are very happy with the repairs to the hail damage .... I must admit I was most pleasantly surprised .... it amazes me that they can take the dents out without breaking the paint .... I told the fellow that we have been working with that now that they have proven they do good work on Maureen's cart, I wasn't anywhere near as anxious about turning my pickup over to them ...
                  Jim
                  '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                  '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                  '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Outstanding!!

Joe
                    Joe and Debbie Gilbert
                    On the Road Fulltime Since 7/14/08

2016 DRV Mobile Suites 43' Atlanta fifth wheel home on wheels

2017 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 4.10, Factory rear air suspension

Officially RETIRED!!
                    Catch me if you can!!

Comment

• she's really happy with it .... I bet she put 50 miles on it yesterday ..
                      Jim
                      '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                      '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                      '17 Elio reserved

Comment

• Maureen's Camaro is now just over 3 years old & has 18,500 miles on it .... today we once again drove it to Asheville and back to visit with my Mom and to meet a fellow member of the Henry Rifle Forum .... we were in and out of rain all the way up and some of the way back .... traffic was heavy in spots but moved right along .... thankfully the backups were on the other side of I-40 from wherever we happened to be .... as we often do, we took on fuel coming and going at the Flying J located at exit 150 .... cruise set at speed limit +4 mph .... 32 mpg for the trip .... happy to report that her Camaro continues to excel in ride, handling, and performance
                        Jim
                        '11 Chevy Silverado 1500
                        '04 Sea Pro 180DC
                        '17 Elio reserved

Comment

Working...
                        X